Updated 9-21-06: My 50g tank. Trying to make a journal. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Updated 9-21-06: My 50g tank. Trying to make a journal.

Just thought I'd update my tank pics, also thought it'd be fun to sort of map it out in progress.

8-20-06

8-27-06 update:

9-21 Update:

Anyways, hope you like them. Comments and criticism are always welcome.

Tanks:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by dweebikus; 09-21-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Id say great start but get a clean up crew like brisal nose pleco, and sea algea eaters.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Right now i've got 2 pretty large SAEs and 2 little albino sucker mouth fish that I can't remember the name of. However, after reading the "what's your cleanup crew" thread. I think I'm going to pick up 5 ottos and about 10 amanos (cherrys seem too small and angelfish targets).

I'm hoping the amanos can help turn my java moss into a clump of java moss again instead of a clump of hair algae with some java moss.

Tanks:

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Nice I think that should clean it up nicely. I had in my tank the yellow pleco and sea but I had the snails from my ditch and wow they spawned all the time then I smashed them up to the tank and the discus and angels would eat them. Good to hear keep me updated.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

The bubbles have resided and I got my riccia attached, and within a few hours of being attached, I have pearling!

Just thought I'd share.

Also, I've got a 50/50 bulb in one of my ballasts in the hood. Will it be deadly to my plant growth if I don't replace it for a couple weeks?

Tanks:

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 01:38 PM

Nice looking tank! Love the shot of the riccia attached to the wood,very natural looking,great job=)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

consolidated to the top

Tanks:

Last edited by dweebikus; 09-21-2006 at 04:51 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Bump, updated with a couple new pictures, feed back is really really encouraged.

Tanks:

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to the_noobinator
it looks good. i think it might benefit by some sort of mid-ground plant, just something to buffer between the taller plants and the foreground.

30gal extra high:

10gal:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode