potted plants in 30g grow out tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
potted plants in 30g grow out tank

this is one of the tanks I move baby angels to, in the pots the bottom 1/2 inch is a 50-50 combo of topsoil & fluorite covered by 2.5 inch's of fluorite. I like the ease of cleaning a bare bottom tank but feel that the fish are less stressed with live plants also I think they help with the water quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fry tank.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	3172  

Name:	growout.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	3173  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 11:47 PM
The Weather's Here

PTrader: (41/100%)
Haha, that's awesome. Good thinking!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 03:15 PM

wow,your plants sure did grow alot despite them being housed in pots like that. You do look as though you are cultivating them for sale. Innovative idea though,just that part of the beauty of keeping plants is lost.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Hello YOuHO,

The plants in that tank are there only to make the baby fish feel more at home, I don't prune them for appearances as I do in my display tanks I let them go jungle so to speak. normally there are more baby's in the tank but the last photo was right after they were moved to a 75g tank(see photo) I think you can see a few baby's in the first shot. I'm also sending a shot of one of my display tanks. the only reason the grow out tanks have potted plants is so I can siphon out the detritus on a daily basis
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	UVafter67hrs.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	3180  

Name:	sharp#20.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	3181  

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 04:37 AM

Oh i see.I still feel that it is a very good way to keep plants like that. It is hassle free and allows you to clean the tank bottom as and when you want to while being able to keep your baby fishes comfortable at the same time. Similarly,i believe that plants waiting to be planted in the substrate can be kept like that instead of leaving them to sit in a pail which i usually do so while i prep the main tank.Your main planted tank is looking great by the way,i see lots of colours in it,and the reds are really showing.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode