38 gallon update 1/21 no 56k! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (46/100%)
38 gallon update 1/21 no 56k!

this is my new journal/photo album.

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions." - Jurassic Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by danepatrick; 01-22-2008 at 04:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

so i recieved my glosso and ludwigia peruensis today from aquariumplants.com. the ludwigia was in ok condition, but the glosso looks horrible. i don't know if it will come around. i can only hope so. here are some photos of it. can i have your opinion?

here is the peruensis. for some reason, it looks A LOT like hygrophila corymbosa or alternanthera reineckii. what to you experts think?? did i get ripped?

again, here are the new additions with their positions in the tank, and then a photo without the horrible circles:

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions." - Jurassic Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 01:22 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
With the glosso, spread it out. You need to plant each stem about a 1/4" apart. It is a royal PITA and you will need tweezers! But it dose look great when it fills in

|
|
|

post #4 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

i don't think i can, given the crappy condition the glosso is in.. it's so fragile and lifeless. maybe i will be able to once it revives. what do you think?

post #5 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 02:30 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
I would send an email/phone call to the vendor and let them know the condition of plants if you havent, I dont know what the glosso will do planted like that.

|
|
|
post #6 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 02:41 AM
►◊ ◊◄

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via MSN to conduct Send a message via Yahoo to conduct
That glosso does not look so hot. Is it just the picture or it sort of a lime green / yellow looking?
I am no expert but I thinkk your glosso started to melt in the box.

On a lighter note the tank will look real good given some time to grow out.
But in the journal the 2nd photo the neon anus is a little disturbing
post #7 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 02:42 AM
►◊ ◊◄

sorry double post.
post #8 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

obviously? i mentioned that it was in horrible condition.

post #9 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 03:47 AM
►◊ ◊◄

Quote:
Originally Posted by danepatrick
so i recieved my glosso and ludwigia peruensis today from aquariumplants.com. the ludwigia was in ok condition, but the glosso looks horrible. i don't know if it will come around. i can only hope so. here are some photos of it. can i have your opinion?
That is what I gave was my opinion
post #10 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

some people are such smart arses.

post #11 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 04:37 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via AIM to nellis
that "perunsis" looks a lot like the "peruvian ludwigia" we sell in the store, i'm not sure of the latin, but it looks right judging by the name.
post #12 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellis
that "perunsis" looks a lot like the "peruvian ludwigia" we sell in the store, i'm not sure of the latin, but it looks right judging by the name.
thanks for your opinion nellis.

post #13 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
Quote:
nellis: that "perunsis" looks a lot like the "peruvian ludwigia" we sell in the store, i'm not sure of the latin, but it looks right judging by the name.
Yes it does. I bought some from the Fish Place and it is has turned deep red. So much so that it make the red temple in the tank look pale and washed out. IME the plant leans a little and doesn't produce side shoots.

post #14 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-11-2006, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

alright, well i pulled all the glosso as i should be receiving some on 8/16 from snailpoo. i re-arranged my tank as well as i felt there was a lack of aquascape. who knows. the tank is pretty cloudy, but that's from re-arranging.

a lot of the leaves from the peruensis have fallen off. hopefully it will come back. i moved the crypts behind the driftwood and on the right side. you can't really see them because they're still so tiny. this is SUCH a baby tank.

post #15 of 248 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 03:59 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via AIM to organic sideburns
I like the current look and once the glosso arrvies and gets established it should be even better. I wouldnt move those crypts around too much right now. I have learned that certain crypts might not do too well if they are moved. They could 'melt'.

My high-tech 125 gallon journal:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode