Goldfush bubble table - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
It would be great for a betta with a few Java ferns and fake castles (sunken bombers I think are available as fosters/smith--that would be appropriate) or something.

In the mean time, put the xp3 in there. If it's too much for the tank, that tank is too small for those fish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 81 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 03:15 AM
Algae Grower

from my observation of this tank, it does look a little too bare. I really would put in substrate along with the ordament you have now. If you do but in substrate it will look a lot better, instead of just looking at the bottom seeing all the dropping from the goldfish. Thats just my two cents

-Matt
post #18 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (12/100%)
Bad news, i though the tank should be filtered a little more heavily as well. So i got an eheim for my new 55 and moved the xp3 over to the bubble. After 2 days in service, one of my telescopes is already dead and everyone else has raggedy fins. The flow was apparently too high even though it didn't look it. Any ideas for slowing the flow of an xp3? The supplied ball valve didn't work so well.

post #19 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Send a message via AIM to JenThePlantGeek
Try Wasserpest's suggestion of the "H" tubing that he mentioned in this thread:
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/eq...canisters.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- VP & Horticulture Awards Program Chair
I <3 Eheim #195
Everyone seems normal... until you get to know them.
post #20 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
let see some more pictures of this thing! PS. where the devil would a B-52 have bubbles? they only had 1 turret on the back and i don't think it is a bubble.

see it is a very odd quad cannon.. probably .50 BMG or 25mm cannons no bubble! haha.. maybe she means something from wwII?
post #21 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 04:30 PM

PTrader: (7/100%)
I got no gripes with the tank.

I'm just wondering why it's posted in a planted tank forum if there are no plants and never will be any. O.o

From an aesthetic point-- I'd tell you to skip the buddha and funky ornaments and just get some nice big rocks/wood. That's probably the nature-scaper in me talking.

Goldfish in a giant dish? Can be pretty but don't see what it has to do with a plantedtank forum.
post #22 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Because its an aesthetics thing. You can aquascape with more than just plants. And although your criticisms are well founded, no one appreciates purism. Also, i don't think there will be any pics or decorating for a while, I'm pretty upset about losing some of those guys. I lost 2 20+ dollar fist sized goldfish, on account of something i changed, not a good feeling.
post #23 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 04:58 PM

Not my style...for SURE. To each their own though; also for SURE...as long as it doesn't hurt others. And on that point, I'd hate to be the fish living in that! Poor things

Hey...you said "comment away".
post #24 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned

As far as the bubble goes, were there any with the bubble on the bottom? Thats what it looks like to me, again, she was widely known for her embellishments so it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was a complete fabrication. Also, i think that the circular shape of the bowl, even though the flow was not too great was turning the entire tank, vortex style, not allowing them to rest anywhere. I can't imagine death from exhaustion like that, i feel horrible. Needless to say i turned the filter off and put in an air stone until i get home and re-evaluate the situation. To top it off, i had to meet with a caterer for my wedding this morning, who was 30 minutes late, making me late to work, and then i have to drive 30 minutes to take engagement pictures. Ugh, I'm in a fantastic mood.
post #25 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Well i wish i could say that i didn't hurt others. But in my pursuit of making it a better environment, i killed some sweet fish. Also, the volume of the tank is 40 gallons, although it doesn't appear it. So now, with the 4 remaining i have, I'm at a good place bioload wise. Guess that's karma for you.
post #26 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAComstock View Post
Not my style...for SURE. To each their own though; also for SURE...as long as it doesn't hurt others. And on that point, I'd hate to be the fish living in that! Poor things

Hey...you said "comment away".
Most people assume that commenting means constructive criticism. Of which you gave none.
post #27 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)
The B-17 had an underbelly bal turret but it was more metal then glass or plastic.
post #28 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Look at the very top, is that a clear bubble? I could be making that up mentally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardBoardBoxProcessor View Post
let see some more pictures of this thing! PS. where the devil would a B-52 have bubbles? they only had 1 turret on the back and i don't think it is a bubble.

see it is a very odd quad cannon.. probably .50 BMG or 25mm cannons no bubble! haha.. maybe she means something from wwII?
post #29 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 05:16 PM

Sorry Ianmoede...about your fish.
post #30 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

da bubble

i highlighted a possible area.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode