Do! Aqua 60p - the hangover - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)
Do! Aqua 60p - the hangover

I sold my 60H because I was tired of the gurgling noise coming from my overflow. Plus, the amount of equipment needed was a bit much. I wanted to simplify a little bit.

The raging inferno scape was fun to set up but maintaining it wasn't that fun. There was a very very tiny window in which the tank would look good before it either over grew or had to be trimmed down.

I still have fast growing stems, but the scape now should be pretty easy to maintain, even when trimmed.

Anyways, here's the equipment list and plant list and a few shots of the set up

Equipment
Tank: Do! Aqua 60P (ran out of ADA ones when I went to AFA)
Filter - SunSun HW-302 Filter w/ power man intake and Do!Aqua poppy glass
Heater - hydor 200ETH
CO2- custom dual stage regulator plumbed into up!aqua inline atomic diffuser
Skimmer - ADA Vuppa-1
Flow - mp10ES
Light - MakersLED custom LED light

Plants
Eleocharis sp. Belem
Starougyne tropica
Crypt. lucens
trident java fern
anubias nana petite
Blyxa japonica
Ludwigia sphaerocarpa
Ludwigia brevipes
Ludwigia sp. Red
Ludwigia atlantis
rotala sp. green
polygonum kawagoeanum
pogostemon stellatus sp. dennon? (new plant from AFA)

Fish -
dwarf neon rainbows
green neon tetras
chocolate gourami
otos
amano shrimp

New Tank Smell

Aquasoil in

Hardscape in - ADA hornwood

Fish in!

Thanks for looking!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 04:15 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Why did you decide to add the Vortech? Was the lilly pipe not providing enough circulation?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I added it mainly because I had it left over from my reef tank and didn't want it to just sit around.

The poppy pipe is nice, ripples the water so I get the nice shimmer lines with my LEDs, and allows me to up the co2 since there's a lot more surface movement, however, it doesn't get the water flowing all over the tank so the mp10 helps there.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quick update. Everything's growing in well, a bit of algae here and there piggy backed in from the java fern but its ok, I can deal with it. I accidentally overdosed the co2 (was used to having an overflow) and killed off the amano shrimp, haven't had time to go get more yet.

I think i'm going to replace a lot of the stem plants, they're just not growing in that great, I didn't do a very good job of planting them (kinda rushed to get them back in the water - had them in a bucket for a few days)

I also sold off my vuppa and ordered the new ehiem surface skimmer to replace it.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (88/100%)
you sold it to me I believe

love my tank

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)
I like the hanging light, nice look, can you show the light?

also is that Power men a 17 mm? looks big
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Hi John,

Here's the link to my build thread for the light
https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...469&highlight=

And yeah, thats a 17mm, very large. I was thinking of getting a smaller 13mm one but had this one lying around so decided to just use it

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode