Some new fish for my 180g - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (23/100%)
Some new fish for my 180g

Added 6 veiltail angels to my 180g. they are small about 2-2.5" body diameter, but very beautiful.

Gave me a chance to take some new pics, as I have ignored my tank for a while, photography-wise.

Here you go:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 06:54 AM
The Weather's Here

PTrader: (41/100%)
I love angle fish! I really like the second shot. Great job, keep it up

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Those will be beautiful veiltails in some months. Nice photography. I like the third shot the best. Looks like a sandy substrate in there.

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 07:44 PM
The Weather's Here

I hope you don't mind, but I touched up the last pic. It looks like you already touched up the pic w/ the black background and under the Angle in the middle it looks like you forgot a green piece. I got rid of the other fish because IMHO it is just a distraction. Anyways, here it is:

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2006, 08:39 PM
tmm

PTrader: (0/0%)
May I ask where you bought them. My local fish store cant get them for me, so he says. He got some other angel in and I didnt take them. I really want this type. Thanks, Tina
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 04:13 AM

PTrader: (59/100%)
Nice pics and lovely angels!
Toofazt, good touch up job!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 04:18 AM

I want your angels. D:
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 06:10 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofazt
I hope you don't mind, but I touched up the last pic. It looks like you already touched up the pic w/ the black background and under the Angle in the middle it looks like you forgot a green piece. I got rid of the other fish because IMHO it is just a distraction. Anyways, here it is:

Funny, That stray tetra or whatever it was gave the photo a bit of mystery and dimension, IMO. I know you were just having fun and such, but really one should ask permission before playing with another's copywritten files. I say that as a professional photographer and its a touchy subject with lots of folks in the industry. But I know you were just having some fun.

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 06:56 AM
The Weather's Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betowess
Funny, That stray tetra or whatever it was gave the photo a bit of mystery and dimension, IMO. I know you were just having fun and such, but really one should ask permission before playing with another's copywritten files. I say that as a professional photographer and its a touchy subject with lots of folks in the industry. But I know you were just having some fun.
I don't see why anyone would care. It's not like I'm saying I took the pic or am using it to make money. If someone would care about something like that they're too uptight IMO.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Toofazt, thanks for noticing that. Check out the time of my initial post, it was FREAKING late at night, so I was half asleep when I did post edit on those. missed a few spots. Noticed it this morning on my [censored][censored][censored][censored]ty work pc. I fixed them up a bit today.

I dont mind the little edit, no big deal, within the thread, because it's in the context. No worries. Other than that, I am very protective of my images.

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm
May I ask where you bought them. My local fish store cant get them for me, so he says. He got some other angel in and I didnt take them. I really want this type. Thanks, Tina
Tina, dont know, my local shop had them, $5.99 for half-dollar sized ones. I was there to pick up more Columbian Tetras to add to the tank, and noticed them. Looked cool so I got all 6 they had.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofazt
I don't see why anyone would care. It's not like I'm saying I took the pic or am using it to make money. If someone would care about something like that they're too uptight IMO.
Not uptight toofazt. Just common curtesy. People rip stuff off all the time. Not saying you are or did at all. I know you were just having fun and all.
But I have been ripped in the past and so many people think if its out there its fair game. And it isn't... without written permission, period. Its the law, BTW.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 07:25 PM
The Weather's Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betowess
Not uptight toofazt. Just common curtesy. People rip stuff off all the time. Not saying you are or did at all. I know you were just having fun and all.
But I have been ripped in the past and so many people think if its out there its fair game. And it isn't... without written permission, period. Its the law, BTW.
I'm saying what I did with the picture in context like paradise said, I don't see how anyone would have a problem with it. I'm not speaking for any other situation but mine, in this thread. Period.

Sorry for de-railing your thread paradise.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 12:41 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
those look really nice! make sure to feed them alot because it looks like they will have ALOT of growing to do.... some fins are a bit torn but will grow out... probabyl got them like that im guessing... they will look better in a few months i garentee.!

your tank is nice.... the sand is awsome!

- fish newb
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 05:30 PM

Great looking pictures.Perhaps someday,there can be a fish photography boutique where people can have pictures taken of their favourite pet fishes.Great job done on the touch up as well,just goes to show the wonders of modern technology..Now you see it,now you don't.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode