Brilliant 75g...up-to-date...more pics! even CRS photo!!! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
Brilliant 75g...up-to-date...more pics! even CRS photo!!!

Hey I just started my new 75g tank. Well its finally filled with water and now a few plants from Circle City Aquarium Club. I am also going to put my plants in there from WfxXx. If you look in the first tank pic you can see the reflection of the tank holding those other plants. Here is a link to those plants.

I have a rock cave I am going to put in the clearing on the right side. I am not really an aquascaper. I am just going to move things around until I like what I see....but I have an idea of how the hardscape will look. I am really interested in hiding places and structures no real technique involved in placement of hardscape...that may be pretty obvious I dont know.

The ceiling of the room looks really awesome like I have an indoor pool or something...you can see the reflection of the ripples.
Its neat

I took some pictures and put them in chronological order here. Hopefully it shows my progression with this hobby nicely.

75 Gallon Perfecto
Filters - Eheim 2028, AquaClear 110
Lighting - Current USA SunPod 2x150W HQI, Coralife Aqualight 4x28W T5
CO2 - Dupla reaktor 400, Rex regulator

Heres the tank after I put it on the stand

Now its filled with eco complete and plants from Circle City Aquarium CLub

Today the Eheim filter arrived... I plan on hooking that up along with the co2 system. I am debating on removing the Aquamedic 1000 off the 90g and using it on this tank.

I plan on moving the plants around a bit and putting the rocks in.

Want to see more...check out my website
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Brilliant; 12-19-2006 at 01:18 AM. Reason: due to popular demand....LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
i like the driftwood and plants.... but i am sure that pretty much everyone will give you the same advise right away about the backround.

GET A SOLID COLOR

the picture backrounds REALLY detract from your tank. unless it isnt planted. also i would move the heater all the way to the left right next to the filter intake for a few reasons. but more or less because it will be out of the way then.

other than that it looooks REALLY good. i like the driftwood ALOT its just calling for some moss or something.

good luck!

-=- fish newb -=-
post #3 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Send a message via AIM to JenThePlantGeek
Looking good Brilliant! MAN those plants look like they were made for your tank - I can't wait to see how they grow in!

Keep us posted for sure! What do you have in mind for fish?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- VP & Horticulture Awards Program Chair
I <3 Eheim #195
Everyone seems normal... until you get to know them.

post #4 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 02:06 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
sweet setup.

/
post #5 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 02:39 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Newb
GET A SOLID COLOR

Idunno, at least his background and his foreground are matching themes.
post #6 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 02:50 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Once the plants grow in you won't really see the background. But I actually liked the paneling behind the tank in the first picture.

Whenever I see a brand new tank that's 75G or bigger I get jelous. Looks like fun to me!! Nice driftwood too Brilliant. Is that a MH light?

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......

Last edited by Betowess; 07-28-2006 at 08:06 AM.
post #7 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 03:08 AM

PTrader: (59/100%)
I liked the wall color as the background...lol
hey Brilliant, it is an awesome set up. I will send some plants over next week....
post #8 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 03:13 AM

PTrader: (4/100%)
Looks great brilliant! Its great to see others setting up tanks. Because my mean ol' wife said no more!
post #9 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 08:03 AM

Hmm,your layout seems to fit that of your background but then,if i am right,it would go better with a solid background just like Fish Newb had said.This way,when u change your scape someday,you need not worry about the background problem. Other than that,tank looks great.
post #10 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Once your plants grow the background won't even matter. It only matters if you mix match (ex:salt water bg on a fresh water or vise versa) or don't have one.

20 Gallon Long

Intagram= xtz33
20g journal
post #11 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 08:00 AM

Very nice, Brilliant! Another tank, eh? Just make sure you leave room for that reef tank too.
post #12 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Nice tank can' wait to see some fish in it and what it looks like in a few months.
post #13 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawain1974
Very nice, Brilliant! Another tank, eh? Just make sure you leave room for that reef tank too.

HEy thankks your tank looks really good too! I just saw the latest pic. What reeftank? LOL...
I do plan on starting a nano in October.

A reeftank is going to be really expensive! I was cheking out those LED fixtures....that will make my reeftank a reality...

post #14 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architect1
Nice tank can' wait to see some fish in it and what it looks like in a few months.

Yes I am like sitting here waiting for the lights to turn on, so the plants will grow. The plants looked soo much bigger in the 20L I cant wait for this HC to grow, ive been looking at it. I want to get the remainder of eco from the 20L and put it on top of the rock cave and start a lawn of something like HC or whatever and let it coat the rock cave over to the driftwood.

Thank you for the compliment, right now there are three Apistogramma cacatuoides Gold in there...they love it. The pH is alittle higher then my other tanks but I know it will go down and it went down a little closer to 7 with the co2.

post #15 of 89 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 12:55 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
its starting to come together...! cant wait to see fishies in it!!

i really like the backround too.... it is nice.. but it detracts from the scape thats why i would say stay solid colors because at least for me... i am looking at the backround more than the plants =-\

i want a 75g...... would make a great shrimp tank!

good luck!

- fish newb

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode