I love killifish and really wanted a larger tank where everyone could be kept for display but also removed for breeding purposes. I just started it so it's not yet complete but slowly getting there...
I got the tank and stand off craigslist and had it painted to match my other furniture and also had it resealed just to be on the safe side.
Next step was to level the floor, I used shims on one side to level it off. I've since filled it since and noticed it's off my maybe 1cm from front to back but I figure I'll wait to see if more settling occurs before I try and fix it. It was heavy enough to move without anything in it!
Here's a picture of it without anything in it
I used 3 bags of dark flourite. I also have a Fluval 406 canister filter and I made a DIY screen top for the tank since I have to work around the light and the filter in/outtake. I used a screen kit and 1/4" netting. It probably took me about 6 hours to cut everything to fit and to fix the netting, I had to leave it loose in some places and tight in others to make it fit right so it's a tad wavy but completely seals the tank which is what matters most.
Here's what the screen top looks like, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.
The tank has been running about 3 weeks now and I've added a lot of plant trimmings from my other tanks and am working on arranging some new plants. I will have pictures later of the tank set up now.
I do have pictures of the killifish though.
I have 2 pairs of Fp. gardneri Amieti. When I first got them they were just sexed out and looked like this...
About a month later and they're color looks awesome!