DBP 3 Gallon Long - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
DBP 3 Gallon Long

I'm pretty new to the hobby so I thought I would start a journal for my new DBP 3 gallon long. After seeing these posted in the nano forums I couldn't resist and picked one up for myself. I'll soon be housing yellow shrimp in here (should be arriving early next week!).

Tank specs
Tank: DBP 3 gallon
Filter: AC 20
Lighting: Finnex clip-on
Substrate: Eco-complete
DIY co2

Here are some progress pics from the day I set it up until last night. Feedback and advice is greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
wow, your dbp is looking great

whats your plant list?

It is better to travel well than to arrive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Right now I have anubias, java moss, HC, moss ball, and a couple mystery plants from a friend.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Invert Warrior

PTrader: (14/100%)
DBP 3 Gallon Long

Like I said in the club! Looking super fine!!

*Retired for now*
|
|
|
|
|
|My Tanks ʌ | Shrimp advice v|
|
|
|
|
|
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder --
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

DBP 3 Gallon Long

I really enjoy the plants in the foreground and the overall scape of things!

I wanna redo the scape in mine but have opted to not cause of my baby shrimp. I've had my hands wet to do it nearly 3 times but better judgement kept me from it.

The wood looks perfect sized too and I know they are hard tanks to shop for size wise

It is better to travel well than to arrive.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
This tank looks great!

18g (Red Cherry Neo Shrimp | Malawa Shrimp)
7.5g (Yellow Neo Shrimp)
3.2g (Pumpkin Neo Shrimp)
2g (Snails)
11.4g (new home soon for the Pumpkin Neos)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

what type of driftwood is that?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks guys! This little tank has been a lot of fun to set up. Looks like my shrimp will arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to get them into their new home.

Vermino, I'm using Malaysian driftwood. My LFS has a pretty nice selection with really interesting shapes.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

My shrimp arrived yesterday and seem to be taking to the tank nicely! Photos are a little blurry. Guess I had a bit too much coffee before taking the shots.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Nice Yellows!

~~~~~~~~

:
DBP 3 Gallon Long
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Invert Warrior

DBP 3 Gallon Long

Are they the only inhabitants? They look nice!

*Retired for now*
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABJ View Post
Are they the only inhabitants? They look nice!
They are indeed. There are 10 or 11 in there now and I think I'll stick with just the shrimp for now.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Invert Warrior

DBP 3 Gallon Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaeberk View Post
They are indeed. There are 10 or 11 in there now and I think I'll stick with just the shrimp for now.
Good choice

*Retired for now*
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Updated tank pic! The HC is starting to spread and the shrimp seem quite happy.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

im so jealous of that piece of malaysian driftwood... where do you live again and what room is that tank in? just curious.....

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode