New pics of 29 gal... rearranged! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Talking New pics of 29 gal... rearranged!

Just rearranged my 29 gallon tank... I think I'm the only one here with blue gravel, but I like it!
This is a "before" pic:

And now, my "Atlantis":

I think this set up shows the plants a lot better. I'm still not totally happy with it... it's missing.... something. But I like it a lot better and it seems brighter! I think the fish like it too! Any body have any ideas on how to improve?

Some more pics:

Another of the tank...

Nice one of the Java Fern and Sprite, the Silver Lyretail Molly...

The non-aquatic mondo grass and the Dalmation Lyretail Molly, Shade...

The Dwarf Puffer in front of his Temple.

One of the new guppies hiding in the plants...

The tetras look brighter too!

A little blurry of Sprite, Shade, and Puff... but the plants are clear!

Last edited by ScorpioMonkey; 07-24-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 07:23 AM

not sure on your lighting, but it might seem as you need more wattage. i'd then go for a lawn around your atlantis
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Banned

PTrader: (24/100%)
I would lose the airstone. Your plants will thank you.

Ehfipimp #273 ( Eheim Classic: 2260, 2217, Eheim Ecco: 2236, 2232 ) Fluval FX5

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Cool Thank you for your suggestions.

Keep 'em commin'! LOL. This afternoon, I rearranged the tank, bringing the swords more to the center, so they get more light. I've also ordered a kit with two, 28W CF bulbs... so that will up the wattage. I also will remove the air stone, or at least not run it as much (will that work as well?)

Thanks agian!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 09:47 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
The only problem with the air stone is that it is letting the co2 out of the water, so by not having the air stone running the plants benifit by having an increase of co2 concentrations. But if you would like you could run the air stone at night since the plants do not need the co2 at night.....hope it helps
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
It'ds nice to see a tank now and then that isn't completely natural with ornaments, but also plants. And don't remember ever seeing one here actualy!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Planted Member

I like there Atlantis look! I would try to 'scape it more to add depth. Maybe contour the grave or at some more hardscape... some tall background plants would be nice too, maybe something in red to contrast with the blue gravel?

I like your community fish too. good choices.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

20g Tall Low Tech Planted
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone for your comments & suggestions! I really appreciate it! I was thinking the same thing, Alohamonte, I would really like to add some taller plants. This is a picture of what it looks like now:

It just seems way to "blah" there in the top/center... So, I Need taller plants for the back. Any suggestions?
(And I know the Mondo grass isn't aquatic.... but I REALLY like it! Is there anything that is similar and aquatic?)

Thank you all for your continued input!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

I just thought this was a really cool pic:
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:36 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
How much light do you have? Dosent look very bright. That sword in the last photo is looking so good. You need to add some more plants if you have enough light, you are going to have algae problems soon, very different looking tank that is for sure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

right now i have 17 watts over 29 gallons (tall), but whenever UPS gets thier butt here, I will have 56W over 29 gallons.
I do want to add some more plants. Any suggestions? Like i said in an earlier post, I would really love an "Aquatic" Mondo grass. LOL

Why do you say I am going to have an algae problem soon, Bigstick? Because of all the light I'm about to add?

Also, do you have any suggestions for adding CO2?
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
It would look realy cool if you tied some moss to the ornaments. It would look like vines. Only problem is that you would have to trim it a lot.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

I tried "weaving" the Rotala (?) through the temple's pillers, but that was when the bubbler was on, and it kind of destroyed the "vines." Perhaps I will try it again now that the bubbler has gone... (Like Lil Boy Blue suggested)
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
I thought you weren't supposed to bury the rhizome of a java fern? Or was this just anubias. If your not supposed to put the rhizome in, i saw in your picture that it was buried. Otherwise it looks great. Wish i had dwarf puffers

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
With 56 watts you could do DIY with 1 or 2 soda bottles. You need more plants to help ward off algae. With the added light you will really want more plants. Grassy plants that you could try, blyxa japonica, dwarf sag, all may grow in low light

|
|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode