Show me your tanks placement - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherGeoff Send a message via MSN to TheOtherGeoff
Show me your tanks placement

Ok there are some AMAZING tanks on this bored. yes the main focus is always the tank but every now and then there is a shot of the whole room and the tank in it. i love looking at that. seeing how the tank just glows above everything in the room. so heres the deal, take a picture of it and throw it up. its so neat to see that IMO. i will go first to be fair, and my tanks and house are not amazing or perfect by any means so no shame to be shed. Both pictures here are how the tanks are on display everyday all day. nothing was changed to take the pictures.

Greeted in the basement by this..

these are from the back left corner of my room...best angle since the room is small

The Fish Tank, Tranquility in Motion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
all gone now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Planted discus has come to an end.......but only for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
I'm with you on that geoff, I don't any pictures at the moment. I just have a single tank so it wouldn't be as gerat as what you have. I also like looking at people's fish room setups if they are a breeder or something, its always fun to look at their setup. Anyways, you've got nice tanks going on there. That 20g long is looking great, looks like a jungle in there!
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

hey no problem..just got make friends with the camer. haha. these arent masterpieces, i just like seeing them in rooms. the 20 is getting alittle on the jungle side, and the lace plant is freagin huge now...anyway...back on topic..show off them pictures..

all gone now

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke
It is interesting seeing the tanks in the "whole" setting.

I'll get back with you .

Sláinte!
Cindy

-
— 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish

— lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to the_noobinator
haha, i'll have to wait until i move at the end of the month. right now my tank is bordered by furniture and boxes.

30gal extra high:

10gal:

post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ok, here's hoping noone makes fun of me! This is my first planted tank. Gonna change out the substrate soon.

Marilyn
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 01:43 AM

Oh, what a good idea. Can I play along?

My 46 bowfront planted tank is in my bedroom. I wanted something nice and tranquil so I can look at it before I fall asleep and when I wake up in the morning and I'm still too lazy to drag my ass outta bed. I don't have my CO2 regulator here--sometime next week!--so when that gets here, I'll put the CO2 cylinder in the stand.

Here's what you see when you walk into my bedroom:

And the view from my bed:

My reeftank is in my living room. These pics are from before I changed my reef into a stony system in the winter, but they're the most recent room pics that I have:

Feel free to laugh, this is my first planted tank. I'm a grad student, so my place is small and I live in the grad student ghetto. LOL And yes, my cat LOVES my tanks...the best cat toy I could have ever possibly get for him. Well, ok, I got the cat after the reeftank, but as far as he's concerned, it was here waiting for him. He doesn't really do much with the planted tank, but he stalks the fish in my reef all the time, as you can see here:

post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Planted Member

Les,

those tanks are gorgeous!!! I am jealous. And it seems your kitty like em too!

Marilyn
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

see now that is fantastic and what i was lookin for. keep the pics a comin people. they all look very nice.

all gone now

post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn1998
Les,

those tanks are gorgeous!!! I am jealous. And it seems your kitty like em too!
Well, I'm jealous of your tank too! Thanks for the compliment. I'm still finding my way around a planted tank. I wanted something aquatic in the bedroom, but not as labor-intensive as a reef tank--boy was I mistaken. LOL! In any case, I think the planted tank works best in the bedroom as it's very peaceful to watch. I used to love to grow plants, but I don't get the right sunlight in this apartment, so this is a great substitute.
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I live in a decent sized 1bd apt. with my gf so i can't have a big tank; but i'm starting to love my tall one. if the gf doesn't get a gecko soon i'm probably going to either use that small tank behind the love seat or get a standard 55gl for my bala. originally i had the hardware in another spot but my place is above the horizon and the sun rises almost straight out from my living room so it was getting way too much light.

from the hallway (living room / dining area on the right)

from the enterance

/
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

thats just sweet! haha

all gone now

post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to RoseHawke Send a message via MSN to RoseHawke
Took a coupla pix this morning. This one is the view of the 55 from the Dining Room:

And this is my little 10 gallon in the Computer Room. I couldn't get more of the room in the pic as it's quite a small room and I would've had to've stood on one of the computer tables. It's interesting how many folks who have fish also have cats.

Sláinte!
Cindy

-
— 2wpg CF lighting; pressurized CO2; 18 watt Turbo-twist UVS; Eheim Pro II 2028; eco-complete; 2 Pearl Gouramis; 7 Harlequin Rasboras; 3 Otocinclus catfish

— lo-tech; 1.8 wpg DIY CF light; no CO2; Aquaclear mini; Schultz substrate; java fern; java moss; 7 Neon Tetras; 1 flame dwarf gourami
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 04:22 PM

PTrader: (59/100%)
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

i'm positive my cat gets jealous of the time/effort i put into my tank

/

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode