My 30 cube photo album. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (5/100%)
My 30 cube photo album.

Ok this is an oceanic 30 cube. Its in my bedroom. It has ADA "Amazonia" soil. I have one nice centerpiece of wood.
The plants are as follows:
Crypt Balansae
Annubias Nana
Corkscrew Val
Java Vern
Red Lotus I just threw in there not sure how it will do.

Fish include:
16 Cardinals
9 Rummynose
2 Marble Hatchets
10 Beckfordis Pencilfish
Trio of Wild Caught Apisto Caucatoides
1 Julii Cory
1 Powder Blue Gourami
3 Ottocinculus

10 Amano Shrimp as well.

Here are some pics of my Apistos...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:40 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to the_noobinator
isn't that a lot of fish for a 30gal?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
30gal extra high:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

10gal:

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
Need much more plants than that, and you should only plant the roots of the nana, not the rhizome.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to the_noobinator
i'm a big fan of val, but not a big fan of pots.

30gal extra high:

10gal:

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
55 animals in there. I would get rid of the pots. You need more plants.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

No im not getting rid of the pots. I didn't post the pictures for people to tell me how to decorate my tank. The pots are in there for the Apistos to spawn in. Its only too many animals if you overfeed and avoid water changes. Im going to be planting more annubius in the foreground. As far as the other stuff im letting it grow in. Thanks for your concern about the pots in my tank, I like them if you don't keep them out of yours. This isn't the "review my tank and give a good or bad grade" section. It's the photo album. Thanks for the tip on the anubias I will adjust them in a few minutes. Anyways, if your gonna say something negative or pertaining to your opinion and its not positive just enjoy the pictures and keep it to yourself. If you can't do that please post pictures of your tanks so I can do the same to you.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
why did you put up pics in a forum if you didn't want feedback? i think that wood gives you a lot of potential for a nice planted tank if those pots were out of the way for plants to grow. it's a great stump.

/
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

I realize its subjec to feedback. Those pots aren't taking up that much space. I'm care more about fish than I do plants. When I set up tanks fish are considered first. Thats why the pots are there. For spawning, nothing else. I have 15+ aquariums in my home and im building a fish room int he garage. I breed and raise cichlids. So when this tank was set up I was for the Cockatoos and everything else fell into place. So surely some true planted tank enthusiasts might not like some things about it but i'm not trying to impress Amano. Im adding some more Vals and some more Anubias when it gets here.

If anyone is interested in wood I have some for sale. At least 3 more pieces similiar to the one in the picture. I also have some other larger pieces of wood available but I have to get the dried BBA off of it
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 12:58 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I kinda like the pots. It makes it look like a gardener was planting some plants in their garden, and they forgot to remove the pots.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
No im not getting rid of the pots. I didn't post the pictures for people to tell me how to decorate my tank. The pots are in there for the Apistos to spawn in. Its only too many animals if you overfeed and avoid water changes. Im going to be planting more annubius in the foreground. As far as the other stuff im letting it grow in. Thanks for your concern about the pots in my tank, I like them if you don't keep them out of yours. This isn't the "review my tank and give a good or bad grade" section. It's the photo album. Thanks for the tip on the anubias I will adjust them in a few minutes. Anyways, if your gonna say something negative or pertaining to your opinion and its not positive just enjoy the pictures and keep it to yourself. If you can't do that please post pictures of your tanks so I can do the same to you.
No offence meant. usualy people put pictures of thier tanks in the photo album so that other people can help them aquascape.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

No offenSe taking. I wasn't looking for help just looking to share. I apologize if I got excited over nothing.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 02:18 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.gaboozlebag
can help them aquascape.
But when does this become if its not real it is not good?
There is more to a hardscape than rocks and driftwood. A hardscape is just the
the base to something that could be a great masterpiece. A key word in your post is help NOT trash there aquascpe! I for one look for updates, that will never come if we kick a scape before it has time to grow.

Kevin
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Well said Aqua.

I'm not changing it because I did it and I like it. My tanks are fish tanks with plants in them not planted tanks with fish in them. I have more plants already going in and in a few months the pots probably won't even be visible. I guess people don't try to think about how a tank will look down the road.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 03:37 AM
Algae Grower

people should get over the whole pots thing...the person has apistos - they need them...
i do agree with others on the fact that u probably need more plants
what's your lighting?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2006, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Im adding more plants. The lighting fixture is a 2x40 watt pc. I only have one running to avoid needing Co2. Im adding more Vals to the right and some more anubius in the middle. just waiting on my buddy to bring it over. This was a last minute deal so I threw it together. There will be some more plants but not that many. I don't have alot of light I don't want a lot of light so im trying to keep low light plants.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode