It has been 10 days since I moved...
I began work on the stand and canopy on Tuesday the 16th, finished the last polyeurathane coat on Friday, 19th, and filled it up for the first time on Saturday, 20th. At this point I had only "one" plant left, a very large java fern clump that was in the 5g fish bucket during the move, as the rest did not make it. This fern was "planted" to give the shrimp, otos and rasboras a little bit of shelter from the gourami.
Today, Tuesday the 23rd, my order from AquariumPlants.com was delivered, consisting of 4 pots of hairgrass (Eleocharis acicularis
), 20 "corkscrew" vals (Vallisneria americana
), and 4 bunches of green cabomba (Cabomba carolina
). I would have been hesitant to order from them, they ship via UPS, but we know our local driver very well. The plants were in very good condition, with the only problem being that the cabomba was slightly smushed. Yes, that was the only problem!
Tank details are in my signature.
Pictures have been resized down from 2304x1728, as I figured those would be a little large for most peoples' screens. So, let them begin...
The layout is not in any way finished, as I would like to get rid of the large java fern and replace it with some sort of bogwood or rock arrangement. The hairgrass and vallis will be replanted in a few weeks when they are nicely rooted, the cabomba will remain bunched until that fern is removed.
Its a rough start, but its a start nonetheless.