Cube's Do!Aqua 20C Journal - Journey to Desktop Bliss - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Cube's Do!Aqua 20C Journal - Journey to Desktop Bliss

Hi! New to TPT,

Just got back into the hobby after a long hiatus. Only recently I got the bug again and visited my favorite store AFA and got inspired by the tanks there again. It's good to be back because the hobby is more refreshing than ever, with the new smaller 20C, I can jump back into the game because I want a small/tiny desktop unit.

I've always love the challenge of a cube tank, although I am still debating if I should have went with the Mini S (the new AquaSky is pretty sweet!)

Having a ton of troubles with planted tank previously, this time I opted to try something new. While browsing the forum, I came across the Wabi Kusa Guy and promptly ordered some Wabi Kusa to kickstart my tank and somewhat give me a head start.

Being an industrial designer and equipment freak plus OCD, I am considering something different with the clip-on light. I don't like how the clip look on the edge of the tiny tank. So I might try a few things, either to make acrylic stand like the AquaSky and embed the LED bar there, or just get an IKEA desk lamp to have a clip-on-free tank edge.

Another thing is to check if I can swap the HOB out with small Lily Pipes and an EHEIM 2211.

Scape consideration:
I will try to create height and a scape with caves/nooks to give the fish plenty of hiding place. It comforts me to see that they have a "home". I have been browsing a lot of scapes and will try arranging the WK to achieve that. I might get some stones/driftwood branches to help.

Pardon the obligatory empty tank shot, it's just a cube of light now. Hopefully those WK will arrive soon so I will have some arrangements to show!

Equipment:
1. Do!Aqua 20c
2. Archaea 17cm Clip-on LED
3. Azoo Palm
4. ADA Aquasoil
5. ADA Sand
6. 4 pre-made Wabi Kusa balls

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (17/100%)
Any updates? It has been 4 months

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode