Rick's 50 gallon - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (9/100%)
Rick's 50 gallon

He is my 50 now. I am still working on both my water gardening and photo skills. I recently got back from a business trip and have some algae growing. Ugly black stuff (image in algae forum). I have some Blyxa Japonic coming soon. Hopefully in the mail this evening. When it gets here I intend to do a rescape.

I think I will just remove all the Hygrophilia polysperma sunset in the right back corner and put the L. armoatica there. I will take out the dwarf sag on the left front and fill in in with the Blyxa Japonic and take it over through the center too. I have a piece of bog wood I might put back in the center right.

For the photo skill I need to learn how to get the bright spots off the top and front of the plants uneven exposure for sure. I also need to take the picture at night when I don't have the window reflection on the back glass haha.

Suggestions and advice are most welcome.

Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	50.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	2702  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (28/100%)
That must be one happy betta. A sure upgrade from living in a cup! What's your equipment?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator

If I could harness the power of the sun, I'd focus it on my plants and watch them grow.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipnoy85
That must be one happy betta. A sure upgrade from living in a cup! What's your equipment?

Haha it sure is. I actually bought one because I seen them all in tiny little cups and thought yikes - I can rescue one haha.

I have AH 4x55 kit, CO2 with an azoo regulator, and filstar filter. I run the lights for 9 hours. The back lights for 9 hours and the front for only 3 or maybe 4 I forget haha.

I follow EI. I change the water on Friday. I dose KNO3 3/8 tsp and KHP204 1/8 tsp on Fri, Sun, Tue, and I dose 10ml flourish on Sat, Mon, and Wed.

Rick

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 06:19 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrguymon
Haha it sure is. I actually bought one because I seen them all in tiny little cups and thought yikes - I can rescue one haha.
Heh - seems to be a good marketing ploy, playing on the compassion of the customers.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

OK I got the Blyxa Japonic today. I redid the tanks some what and put in a piece of bog wood. The water is still a bit cloudy and my photo skills are still horrid.

I hope the Blyxa Japonic grows ok haha. If not I will have a lot of bare space.

Rick
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	50_1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	2706  

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 03:52 AM Thread Starter

I got some new plants this week. I got one stem of Ludwigia sp Guinea, one stem of Downoi, and some weeping moss. I like them all. I hope they grow out well. I took some pictures of them tonight they were just put in the tank. Hopefully in a few weeks I will have an after picture that shows a lot more of them. The Downoi is about half dollar size. The other have a fish near by for perspective.

I have the Ludwigia sp Guinea right up front were I can see it. I will move it back if grows for me. Wish me luck. That one little plant was fairly expensive.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ludwigia sp Guinea.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	2732  

Name:	Downoi.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	2733  

Name:	weeping moss.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	2734  

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 04:02 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Whoa, Rick. That was a TON of Blyxa you received!! How is it holding up? It looks to have shipped well. I've received it twice, and both times it was rocked so hard that it almost melted away.

I missed your thread when you started it last week. That was a very good start .

Ted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Set up April 2007 -

- Terminated March 2007 -
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 04:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirdna
Whoa, Rick. That was a TON of Blyxa you received!! How is it holding up? It looks to have shipped well. I've received it twice, and both times it was rocked so hard that it almost melted away.

I missed your thread when you started it last week. That was a very good start .

Thanks, Yep it was alot. It came in good shape. It seems to have some melting and browning in my tank. I think it will be ok though. Other plants I have seem to take a while to adapt to my New Mexico water.

Rick
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 06:24 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
The new 'scape looks great. Lots of open area. Nice!

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode