new 55 pic (** Last Horrah! 4-3** ) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherGeoff Send a message via MSN to TheOtherGeoff
new 55 pic (** Last Horrah! 4-3** )

ok so i think this has to be the best this tank has prolley ever looked. things are doing decently well so i cant complain really. here is a pic or two of it now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...s/IMG_3757.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...s/IMG_3761.jpg

i like it really. not to much of a scape but i found the coolest piece of driftwood the other day in the creek so im gonna try and fit it in somewhere. we shall see. please leave all questions, comments, concerns. i want some feedback.

The Fish Tank, Tranquility in Motion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
all gone now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Planted discus has come to an end.......but only for

Last edited by TheOtherGeoff; 04-03-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 09:03 PM
eds

PTrader: (8/100%)
Looking real good!
What's the plant smack dab in the middle front?
Looks kinda like a terrestrial aloe?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

the brown thing? its a bronze wendetti. thats what all the foreground is. various types of crypts. the red pants in the center, left side and right side are unknown, there are two lotus', water sprites in the corners, a few apongentens that are staying small for now. a big rotala indica in the right, soem wisteria under the driftwood. um..and a crap load of jungle val. i got it hooked up at petco. i bought all they had and he only charged me for 4 loose plants at 1.99. i got 17 of them. w00t.

all gone now

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
I LOVE IT ... Kinda reminds me of my 55(same color trim and stand)
What is the set up on this tank???
um... did i say that i love it ( your prize....The little blue fish)

Kevin
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Wannabe Guru

Your Crypts look amazing are you using substrate ferts?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

thanks.

tank is obviously a 55.
lighting is two 56 watt coralife T5 fixtures
flourite substrate
doesing some KNO3 to help with my BGA and eyrthormi....however its spelled
i also add some cheapo leaf zone ferts when i remember and i need to get the co2 back up and running. but its a very minimal input tank. i would have saved alot of money, time and trouble if i did it right from the start but it wasnt what i always wanted.

over all i am very happy with it finally. i thank you all for the kind words as well. plus i have moon lights on it too which look soo sweet at night. but they look just as good in my other tanks.

all gone now

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 03:17 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
I would say you are in the stage where as you are trying out many species of plants, how they grow, what their full potential look can look like, how fast they grow, etc ... Once you are past that stage, that is when aquscaping begins, where as you know what plants you want becuase of the knowledge you know of that certain plant.

Not to offend you or anything of that sort, but when you say "looks good I promise" are you referring to the look of the tank itself or how the plants are growing?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdinh04

Not to offend you or anything of that sort, but when you say "looks good I promise" are you referring to the look of the tank itself or how the plants are growing?
haha it goes which ever way you wish to take it.

all gone now

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 03:31 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherGeoff
haha it goes which ever way you wish to take it.
I just wanted to make sure, thats all I didn't want to go and say something and not have it relate to what you are trying to tell us .

However the tank does look pretty good, but still needs a lot more growth. Also could you please list us the specs. of the 55g tank, that way we know what your dealing with incase if something bad happens.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 01:30 PM
eds

Jeez - how could I fail to ID a c. Wendtii?!
I can see it now.
Before it looked a little "fleshier" to me.
And I suspect it is not all that old, to keep that nice compact "spiky" shape.
Again - nice tank.

Are those jungle vals across most of the back?
If so, they are gonna get HUGE!
And what is the large-leafed erect midground plant on the right side?
Is it the same as the plant on the L under the heater?
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

the crypts arent real old, but arent new really. they have been in there for maybe 3 months. they are nice and lush.

yes that is all jungle val across the back. i know they get huge but thats what i wanted. the discus LOVE it. being tall and narroew they swim thru it and blend in really well with the stripes and such.

the large leafed plant is the same on both sides and i have no idea what it is. i think its some sort of hygro. corybomsa but not positive. it was real lush and green and rust but recently it started losing leaves like crazy and they have lots of holes in them. i dunno. it really started when the BGA was getting bad. so i dunno there.

all gone now

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 04:05 AM

PTrader: (16/100%)
mmmmmmmmmmmmm crrrrryyyyyyppppppts.

Tank is lookin pretty sweet there TOG!!! Wont be long you'll be in there hackin an relocatin. I think ya oughta throw in a couple of Hygro stems for good measure!!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 05:00 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Yup, I could look at this tank a long time. Its like a painting with the variety in shapes and colors. I see a 120 in the Discus future. hehe.

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2006, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betowess
Yup, I could look at this tank a long time. Its like a painting with the variety in shapes and colors. I see a 120 in the Discus future. hehe.
thanks. and that 120 you see is actually sitting on the floor of my work. 48x24x24. its soooo nice. and for the low price of...~562 bucks i can have it with tank, glass tops, AGA 110 watt PC and a stand. if i had the room and means of setting it up i would strongly consider buying it. but thats not gonna happen right now. once i finish school and buy my house i will look into the 120 again.

all gone now

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

BAM!! new picture. plus here is one( or two )of my five gallon

side shot

head on

all gone now

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode