Sand + SERA Floredepot - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Sand + SERA Floredepot

Hello,

This is my first post in this forum.. and also I'm a newbie with planted tanks.. I have a 20G aquarium with goldfishes.. but no plants .. we know why ..

Now I decided to make another 10G with plants.. so I just bought some plants to start it.. after that I bought some sand and SERA Floredepot .. I mixed them.. so now it seems that I have a really big problem.. the water is not clear.. and it donít seems that it will be sooner...

Is there a mistake or something. . in all that I did ?
PS: I washed verry well the sand.. but I think that the Sera Floredepot it's the problem... last think .. the filter it's off.. I dont know if it's ok or not to start it...

Thanks you.

Here are some pictures...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 04:09 AM
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to creepingdeath086
ok ,the sand will settle but im not sure what the other stuff you used is...? SERA Floredepot? Keep the filter off until most of it settles, as not to kill the filter with the sand. Keep us updated on your progress. BTW, i hope that there are not any fish in there, they kinda dont like that clowdy water thing....

---------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Sera Floredepot is a base fertilizer; it is supposed to be under the sand and not mixed in with it. Or at least only mix it in with the bottom 1.25 cm and then cover this mixture with 3 cm of sand. I think you will need to start over to avoid algae problems in the future.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, that's what I thought.. the SERA under the sand.. but the store seller said me .. I have to mix them.... what a stupid

Now I'm going to remove some sand with SERA... and than cover it with 1-2 cm of gravel... I donít have a choice..

And no, I donít have a fish in there.. not yetÖ

Thanks again.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to medicineman
A lesson to learn... dont listen to (ignorant) shop keeper who doesnt even know what he/she is selling. Just remove a bit and bury in more sand on top. Do massive WC for 2-3 times and be careful not to disturb the substrate too much. Use a plate and some plastic sheets or such in a way that there is minimal turbulance to the water and bottom. It looks like you have this tank next to a huge window (because it is so bright and I can see something like curtain on the left). Be sure you did some light management of else excess light will bring in algae outbreak. Not that I'm saying sunlight is bad, it is very good for plants and you just have to know the difficult way of harnessing it. And to note that the tank is 10 gallon, watch out for temperature fluctuation form that window. Smaller tanks are more sensitive and harder to keep in its own way.

Welcome and do read and learn alot. Dont hesitate to update and ask questions... earn your hard work!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode