380g Planted Tank Project - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 04:49 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
380g Planted Tank Project

I've been asked a few times to post pictures of this mighty 380g project.

The tank is still rather new...although been setup for nearly a year it's only been fully planted for about a month. So these pictures are the plants still quite new.

Please give me any input you have on the tank and what you would do to make it better. I am in no way a professional aquascaper so your input is greatly appreciated. Also, what species would look good and where.

I didn't get any pictures of the filtration...yet, but here is the tank to start:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 05:33 AM

WOW! Your tank makes the discus look like neons and the neons look like dust motes.

Very nice.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 05:51 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Awesome tank!!! Your Discus are amazing and so is your Baryancistrus and cardnial tetras!!!!!How much lighting do you have for that tank????

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 06:33 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
WOW big tank! It must take work to get in there and trim. Talk about getting your sleeves wet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
WOW big tank! It must take work to get in there and trim. Talk about getting your sleeves wet.

I hear he has a team of 5 south-american-midget-acrobat-divers to get in and trim the plants. They are illegals, so he doesn't mention it. He pays them well though.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to medicineman
Now why are there more and more large displacement tanks these days? Is diving into one's tank druing maintenance is a popular hobby nowadays? That dang tank is even taller than my two 260 gallon tanks and will require some scuba gears to tend the bottom parts. It is better to think twice when planning to plant. Look only for easy maintainable plants that wont require you to dive in once a week

Ok... time for intterogation here. Please review all the hardwares, lighting, filtration, etc.

Waiting towards more of your stories

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 12:19 PM

Lemme get my Scuba Gear...

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Already looks very awesome, but when those java ferns grown into big bushes, i think it will look even more so.

I was wondering what bulbs you were using.

Macranda Farmer of the
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 02:54 PM

PTrader: (28/100%)
*jaw drops*

Wow. Awesome setup, but I'm also curious about hardware and any dosing/water maintenance as I'm sure there's plenty to tell.

Also, that looks like one HUGE FREAKIN piece of driftwood in the center. What is that thing?
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman
Now why are there more and more large displacement tanks these days?
I thought it was because we all like to wash our armpits in tank water.

Now how do I get one of these into the house without anyone noticing.

BTW, beautiful tank.

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 04:01 PM

Do you own the shop? Cause it looks like it's in a shop. It's a pretty sick tank man. If it's in a shop, is it the main tank or are there others?
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

It is in a shop I'm a manager of...so sadly I do not personally own the tank. Just the person that designs, plants, and maintains it. It has become my baby! We also have a 380g African Cichlid tank, a 450g arrowana and stingray tank, a 680g salt tank and a 450g fish only tank. It's quite the store! I'll get you all pictures of the specs today. So hold on!
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthy Ninja
I hear he has a team of 5 south-american-midget-acrobat-divers to get in and trim the plants. They are illegals, so he doesn't mention it. He pays them well though.
I think they call them Umpalumpas.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 02:58 AM
The Weather's Here

PTrader: (41/100%)
Can you post pics of the arro and sting ray tank?

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-25-2006, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeplove
Do you own the shop? Cause it looks like it's in a shop. It's a pretty sick tank man. If it's in a shop, is it the main tank or are there others?
what kind of shop is it?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode