Taxiphyllum sp.: peacock moss
Vesicularia sp.: mini moss
Taxiphyllum barbier: javamoss
Fontinalis antipyretica: Willow moss
Microsorum pteropus: javafern
Fish/inverts: tiger shrimps and platys

please comment

Thanks to Aquaticmagic

Last edited by ja__; 02-17-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
i need feedback both negative and positive
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 11:49 AM

PTrader: (28/100%)
I like it, it has a sort of "wild" feel to it! Perfect choice with the mosses, the shrimps love it! My shrimp also RELISH floating watersprite or probably floating plants of any kind! Might be a consideration for ya . . .

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 12:08 PM

PTrader: (13/100%)
It looks nice ja. Can we see a closer shot of how you attached all the mosses? I'm sure the shrimp are enjoying it!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
I think it needs some Red glosso.

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
Wow! That really does look like a shrimp heaven! Though, I think I might go with a black or print background.

Something so expensive and addictive HAS to be illegal. I'm just waiting for the police to break down my door and confinscate my fish food.
What's my sign? I'm an aquarist. --- 18g Planted Guppies, 15g Planted Killifish, 40g Planted Molly, 55g Asst Cichlids, 120g Planted Community, 60g Salty Reef, 180g Planted Goldfish

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
i like it but,...the slate rocks on the sides create "negative space" witch in turn draws my eye to this part of the tank.... then i started to note the diff angles.... this i think interrupts the flow of the tank ...........if you turn the rock up a little it should fix it..or add some plants to these spots...
this post is IMO so please don't take this the wrong way...
BTW.. i love the wild feel to this tank..

Kevin
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks.

esarkipato: thanks for your advice. i didnt get a hold of water sprite but putted some duckweed in instead.

–ank: thank you i think soo to yes pictures upcomming as soon as my camera is finished loading

Betowess: Coming right up planting some glosso tommorow wondering if its enough light though, probobly will grow uppwards?

TAF CAF: Thanks im going to make a moss bakdrop and sides healing forwards.

aquamoon: Thanks how can i take it the wrong way? good tip, i will do that

some changes have been made, i have now added some cherry shrimp,blue shrimp, HC, rotala spec green and a small ech bleheri. New pictures coming upp to morrow i geuss as soonn as i get a hold on that camera holder but please keep comenting i just love comments.

best regards from Stian.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Wannabe Guru

Nice... I am going to make a java moss wall with bubblers behind it (makes a great filter system) for part of my 55. How will you do yours? I am making a ladder like structure out of craft plastic mesh that will be easy to hook the moss onto.

Something so expensive and addictive HAS to be illegal. I'm just waiting for the police to break down my door and confinscate my fish food.
What's my sign? I'm an aquarist. --- 18g Planted Guppies, 15g Planted Killifish, 40g Planted Molly, 55g Asst Cichlids, 120g Planted Community, 60g Salty Reef, 180g Planted Goldfish

___
___
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

tought i do it like this http://www.aquamoss.net/How%20to%20c...oss%20wall.htm
with either taiwan or x-mass moss.

interesting..... hmm.. ladder? you have any link of doing it that way?
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Wannabe Guru

That looks great, though I was looking for something a little more open so that I could see the bubbles flowing in the back here and there and the smaller fishies could swim through without getting stuck. The spiky edges I can just hook the moss on to two spots and won't have to worry about tucking or pulling moss through. I have used a smaller version in another tank and it seemed to work well.

___
___
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Nice would like to see how that works out for you.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Wannabe Guru

Sure... I think I am going to start the 'every ones gatta have one' tank journal on this one.

___
___
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Picture update didnt bother planting glosso nor do anything with my backdrop yet

Tank

platys

this is how i tie my moss
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Rotala spec green

Tiger shrimp on erect moss

Unknown plant that popped out of my mini moss?

Tiger and wild cherry

HC

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode