Pics of some organisms in my tank (56k warning!!) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
Pics of some organisms in my tank (56k warning!!)

Well im not ready to show a pic of my 30g high-tech yet because of my overwhelming battle with the terminator of algea. BUT, I have decided to show a little bit of the organisms in it.

PICTURES

1. My 2 scissor tail just hanging out together.
2. My cory about to destroy the city of chicago, thats his mean face.
3. The lockness monsters cousin (red ramshorns)
4. The terminator himself, he came from another planet a fer days ago and is unstopable

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.

Last edited by Ryzilla; 02-16-2006 at 01:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 04:52 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzilla
Well im not ready to show a pic of my 30g high-tech yet because of my overwhelming battle with the terminator of algea.
Ahhh, come on Ryzilla . Show us the tank! I'll bet you can't come close to what my 30g looked like a year ago . By the way, my snail population was at its all time high during the early days. They are starving out now.

Thanks for sharing.

Ted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Set up April 2007 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Terminated March 2007 -
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

WOW, ive seen that picture before and i said to myself, "damn that algea sucks" now I have it. I have been battling fuss algea, bb algea, red algea, and now that long green stringy crap that you had.

And as for those snails. I put them in there. Those are red ramshorns. my first batch of baby red ramshorns are maturing and that is one of them. I like em and they dont eat my plants.

Peace,
Ry

I raise my sword in the air in the battle against clado. I have been beaten in this battle but the war is not over. As my wounds heal I amass another army, an army with many legs, an army of Amano's......

I thrust my tridant into the mass of medusa like staghorn. I am wounded but I refuse to take a knee.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 06:48 AM

PTrader: (27/100%)
Maybe you can tell us a more detail spec and we can help you, I never have such a variety of algae like that, just green spotted. Maybe too much light, thats 5wpg for a 30 gallon. Also, I use Siamese algae eating fish and nerites and now the only algae I get is a small bit of Green spotted.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 11:50 AM
BSS

PTrader: (12/100%)
No clue if it will help, but on the next water change, after doing some manual removal, try spot treating that green hair algae with some Flourish Excel. It's working really well for my BBA. If not, I'd guess (though have never done it myself), that spot treating with H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) would help. (Someone please correct me if I'm off-base on this one).
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
pics look great. just one thing to add. corrys are SOCIAL fish. i have kept them alone then added 2 more to the tank and the cory actually was happy! so i would advise getting at least one more. i had 3in a 10g tank so dont be worried.

and algea is no big deal lets see a whole tank shot!

-=- fish newb -=-
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Newb
pics look great. just one thing to add. corrys are SOCIAL fish.
i have 3 of them together. This guy stragled off for a moment and I was able to get a solo shot of him

Peace,
Ry

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 10:22 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unirdna
Ahhh, come on Ryzilla . Show us the tank! I'll bet you can't come close to what my 30g looked like a year ago . By the way, my snail population was at its all time high during the early days. They are starving out now.

Thanks for sharing.
That tank looks crazy unirdna! HOw did you get rid of it?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
It may be you have alittle to much light. I think your over 5watts per gal.

Not saying you can not achieve good results with that amount of light, but if your off with your ferts at all you could have problems. Co2 at 30ppm+/- just make sure you are on the + side of 30ppm more that the - .

Also you need to have a huge plant mass with that lighting.

I had a 55gal with 4.7watts per and it was hard for me to keep up with as far as ferts go. I still got some algae in that one.

Show us a tank shot.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode