Aquaphish's NEW 8 gal - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (53/98%)
Aquaphish's NEW 8 gal

Traffic was very bad on the way home during the week so I decided to stop off the LFS. Look at what I picked up.

I have been wanting to do a small tank and finally got around to get it.

The LFS people said this tank is glass but it has rounded corners.

I will be using Eco-Complete and some white rock from ESTES. If anyone has info on the ESTES rock let me know. I hope it does not effect my pH. The filter is another issue. I did get a Whisper 100 for what its worth. Lighting is a supplied c.f. system but I feel like changeing it. There is too much blue in it.

The dimensions are 16" wide X 10.5 Deep X 12" Tall. I already placed the substrate in the tank but not the water. Will do that later because I want to get some petrified wood or rocks to help support the two mounds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by aquaphish; 01-23-2006 at 12:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Thats going to be a great setup. I like the path in the substrate too. What kind of tank and lighting is that?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherGeoff Send a message via MSN to TheOtherGeoff
i sell the Estes rock at work and it wont do anything to your water quality.

tank will look good though when its done i think.

The Fish Tank, Tranquility in Motion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
all gone now

Planted discus has come to an end.......but only for

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (53/98%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprroy73
Thats going to be a great setup. I like the path in the substrate too. What kind of tank and lighting is that?
I was looking at the Eclipse systems and really liked them. They have a lighting system and filtration system built-in. But they are plastic tanks.

The person at the LFS said this one is made of glass. It is heavier than the Eclipse and the tank feels like it is glass but it does have rounded corners in the front of the tank which gives suspect as to it being glass.

As for the MFG, and lighting, this came as seen lighting was included. But it did not have a filter like the Eclipse. This one had a MFG label JALLI with a model # A11. There was another smaller one so I would presume that is the A09. I got a Whisper 100 filter, which is advertized, made for up to 10 gals.

As for the lighting I am looking into replacing the system with one from AHSupply. But I think I will need to do some custom fitting to get two 13Watts systems in the light fixture I have. It seems the fixture is just 1 inch shorter than the MIRO reflectors. I'm sure I will be able to squeeze everything in if I decide to get it.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode