I think my 'helper' may have an alterior motive !?! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I think my 'helper' may have an alterior motive !?!

Okay, this was supposed to be MY Christmas present...

I'm sure she is just keeping an eye on them for me !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Micro_DSC02680s.JPG
Views:	345
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	2154  

Attached Images

Working on setting up my 75G after a few year break thanks to a house flood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
Send a message via AIM to pipefish
cool pics , I think you better get a census of all the fish first
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Whoa, that is some serious BBA! I've never seen it grow out of the tank like that.

Cute pics.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
You had better watch it! I left half my lid off a couple weeks ago and my cat fished out an amano, a cherry barb, an sae, and 2 endlers in one day!

10gal / Bleeding heart tetras, angel & silver hatchets / Filstar XP2 / 8wpg PC / 2.5lbs of Co2 / Hydor inline
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
cute......aw....reminds me of my cat "Icky"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevin
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)
A 4in goldfish of mine flopped out of its tank and when I came in from getting the mail... my kitty was licking it.

Then he looked up at me with the expression "Honest... I was just keeping it wet for you."

Put the fish back in the tank and he lived 2 years more before I had to give him away (got too big for my water trough that I moved him and two koi into).

Something so expensive and addictive HAS to be illegal. I'm just waiting for the police to break down my door and confinscate my fish food.
What's my sign? I'm an aquarist. --- 18g Planted Guppies, 15g Planted Killifish, 40g Planted Molly, 55g Asst Cichlids, 120g Planted Community, 60g Salty Reef, 180g Planted Goldfish

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
___
___
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 04:40 PM

PTrader: (28/100%)
Oh man, I can just see the cat hair clogging up your filter intake as I type. LoL, gotta love how cats are FASCINATED by fish tanks. My fiddler crab once crawled out and met his doom at the hand of buckies the fat cat
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAF CAF
Then he looked up at me with the expression "Honest... I was just keeping it wet for you."
LOL. Oh No! Have you ever been licked by a cat? Poor fish probably felt like he was being sand blasted.

Very cute pics, cascadeskunk. Curious how every cat differs. The cat I have right now isn't all that interested in my tanks. But, his predecessor was relentless. Even with no claws, he would catch (and eat) all of the goldfish out of the 10g. We wondered for years how he did this. One morning I caught him (the cat thought I was still sleeping). He had both paws in the water up to his arm pits, swirling the tank water. When a fish got to close to the glass, he would use his paw to pin it to the side.....then, slide it up to the top. He even had to nerve to go back in the tank with both paws before he was even done chewing the fish he just caught . I miss that cat .

Ted

- Set up April 2007 -

- Terminated March 2007 -
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
Presents for both of you...

I got a tank for Christmas too, and one of my cats thinks it is the best thing ever. The other one doesn't seem to get why we care. I'm pretty sure someday she'll figure out a way to eat them, but so far I haven't seen any wet paws, but I'm begining to wonder if the fish will be traumatized by the routine thunking at the glass

Glad that you are both enjoying it.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Prettyhead, We have the same issue here, one cat is absolutely enthrauled with the tank, the other one walks by, looks, then asks ok, will you scratch me now?

I was absolutely amazed this afternoon, I had the light and lid off doing some upgrades, and all the fish were still in there and alive

Working on setting up my 75G after a few year break thanks to a house flood.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unirdna
But, his predecessor was relentless. Even with no claws, he would catch (and eat) all of the goldfish out of the 10g. We wondered for years how he did this. One morning I caught him (the cat thought I was still sleeping). He had both paws in the water up to his arm pits, swirling the tank water. When a fish got to close to the glass, he would use his paw to pin it to the side.....then, slide it up to the top. He even had to nerve to go back in the tank with both paws before he was even done chewing the fish he just caught . I miss that cat .
What a fantastic story! I nominate this one for story of the month.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Planted Member

Thats where you will find this pair

All day long! Ah the life of a cat. They really enjoy the in-efficencys of compact flouresent lighting!
The black one will try to bat a fish once in awhile. That's of course why the speaker is there- to give him a place to sit and check out the dark areas for any errant fish!
Wish Bear would figure a way to eat those SAE's!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kitty warmer.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	2220  

Peter

90 Gallon, eco, pressurized, controlled, 240 watts.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Algae Grower

Awww. Cuties.

I think I saw a wet paw the other day, but all fish are still accounted for. I'm working on some better lights and a more contained hood. One that would support 8-10 lbs easily...
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Algae Grower

Cat no. 2 finally figured it out. He tried to tell me how amazing it was...

Guess that hood better support 20 lbs.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 06:21 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (69/100%)
I have a tank that is close to the ground and my cats never paid attention to it when I only had some neon tetras in it. I moved the tetras out and put in a few corys with some guppy fry. They now watch it all the time and even give it a swat every once in a while, but never get farther than the glass. I have an open top 20 gallon that never gets messed with either. I keep waiting for the day when I end up with a cat in the aquarium, but it hasn't come yet. I have reinforced their fear of water a few times, so I think they know better. Nothing too bad, just a little dip in a bucket when they get to close

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode