What a deal!!! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
What a deal!!!

My son wants a tank in his room. He is 10 years old. His birthday is in Feb and I told him that we will get him one for his birthday. His grandparents and uncles are going to go in with us.

Well, I was at Wal Mart today getting supplies for my tank and what do I see.......but a 46 gallon bow tank with stand clearanced for $179.00. I jumped on that one. We went ahead and got it and set it up. So he got his birthday gift a month early, but I could not let that one pass me by. We were going to get him a 35 gal hex tank. It would have costed us close to $300.

Here is a picture of it. We got it set up today. He is going to put Parannas(sp) in it. I am not happy about it, but him and my husband out number me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:04 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via AIM to organic sideburns
Thats not fair..When does Walmart sell 46 gal bowfronts?? I thought they just sold 10, 29, and 55 gal set ups and a few nano tank set ups..

My high-tech 125 gallon journal:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

I asked her since when do they sell anything other than the basic tanks. She told me that it just came in as a special. It was just $198 regular. So it was a deal at regular price.

I was just at the right place at the right time.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:32 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via AIM to organic sideburns
I bet your son is happy with his new tank!..I wish my mom bought my 46 gal bow for ME...

My high-tech 125 gallon journal:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

He is very happy with it. If his grandparents and uncles did not agree to go in with us and get it.....I would not have gotten it for him.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 04:20 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
You better check with local ordinences. In the US many areas (like mine) have paranahas under the illiegal/controlled or restricted ownership status.

In my area you can have paranah 'like' fish (pacus, ext). But no actual parahnas.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 02:59 PM

PTrader: (11/100%)
That's a great gift! I got my first tank for my 10th birthday too, and 35 years later it's still my favorite hobby. You've started your son on something he can enjoy for a lifetime.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, He loves it. Now my 5 year old wants one. He (the 5 year old) have a small 10 gallon tank in his room, but now he wants a big one. What ever brother gets he wants and usually gets(within reason, age wise). I told him that when he learnt to keep his room clean, then Daddy and I would talk about it.

GreenerSideofLIfe~ Thanks for that info. I will call and find out Monday about that. Maybe that will get me off the hook
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherGeoff Send a message via MSN to TheOtherGeoff
yeah my walmart had a couple of them. i thought it was pretty interesting.

good luck finding piranhas now. they arent legal for import anymore so you will have to find some that someone has traded in or someone who is breeding them

The Fish Tank, Tranquility in Motion

all gone now

Planted discus has come to an end.......but only for
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

I have gotten my son to change his mind about the pirannas. I found a site that said that 2 pirannas need atleast 60+ gallons to be happy. His tank is 46 gal.

So he wants 2 of my fancy tail guppies to breed. So I will let him pick out a male and 2 females for his tank. Then we will go out in a week or so and get more. I am thinking about getting some mollies for my guppy tank and I need more cory cats. So I will get him some cory cats and more guppies for his tank. We just need to give the tank a week or 2 to get the tank good and ready.

I am so happy he changed his mind. He told me that after a few months he want to put his guppies back in my tank and get some bigger fish.

I will take what I got for now and worry about what bigger fish he wants when the time comes. hehe

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode