New Year | New 29g UPDATED w/pic 1/15 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
New Year | New 29g UPDATED w/pic 1/15

I moved last September, but just got around to setting up this new 29g tank tonight. Light is an AH Supply 55W (6700K) and the substrate is 100% Eco-Complete. I plan to push the petrified wood a bit deeper and define the upper and lower levels more. Iíd love to know what yíall think of the overall placement and balance at this early stage, before I plant my greenery next week.

By the way, for the shutterbugs among you, I fooled around with the different white balance settings on my Canon PowerShot A95 and was surprised to see a substantial difference when using the fluorescent settings. One was quite yellow (akin to default Ďautoí white balance) while the other was bright blue. I tweak like crazy in Photoshop anyway, but itís good to know that these settings actually do something with the baseline pixels. This photo was taken about 5 minutes after I topped off the tank, ergo the bubbles and cloudy water.

Last edited by hoffboy; 01-16-2006 at 04:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 01:20 AM
Banned

PTrader: (53/98%)
Is this the tank where the plants I'm sending you will go??? It will look great when you get the plants in!!! This is a good start. You should get a small chunk of driftwood for the Java Moss and the Java Fern you'll be getting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

One and the Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaphish
Is this the tank where the plants I'm sending you will go??? It will look great when you get the plants in!!! This is a good start. You should get a small chunk of driftwood for the Java Moss and the Java Fern you'll be getting.
Indeed, this tank awaits your plants. I did a little research, and it looks like a couple of them have the potential to shoot up beautiful flowers at the surface, but Iím afraid I wonít be able to let them do that with my current setup. Sure makes me want to establish an open tank, however. Iíve got some small wood chunks and slate chips for the rhizomes and moss. Stay tuned to this channel next week to see your plants in their new home!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffboy
Indeed, this tank awaits your plants. I did a little research, and it looks like a couple of them have the potential to shoot up beautiful flowers at the surface, but Iím afraid I wonít be able to let them do that with my current setup. Sure makes me want to establish an open tank, however. Iíve got some small wood chunks and slate chips for the rhizomes and moss. Stay tuned to this channel next week to see your plants in their new home!

I love the rocks. I wanna see plants! are you going to use CO2?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

CO2 = probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenerSideofLIfe
I love the rocks. I wanna see plants! are you going to use CO2?
I will most likely add CO2 (non-pressurized Hagen yeast kit that Iíve got in a box somewhere) and Iím contemplating a canister filter, since the AquaClear is a bit noisy even though itís brand new. Plus, Iíd like to minimize surface agitation. Iíll post a pic as soon as the plants are in and the dust settles.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Plants are in...

...which is the good news. Unfortunately, my Hagen CO2 ladder is having ZERO effect on pH. My HOB filter is causing way too much turbulence (just ask the female Betta I added last week) plus I'm only getting like 1 bubble every four seconds. Sigh. I'm pricing canister filters (but still concerened about turbulence if I get an EHEIM thermofilter) and also weighing the costs of pressurized CO2. Sometimes I think it's just a matter of time before we all go whole hog.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 05:23 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (47/100%)
great start. looks pretty good. I like the look of the hardscape. There's a lot of variety of plants in there, once it grows in it'll look perfect against the wood. nice work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 03:41 AM
Banned

PTrader: (53/98%)
WOW!!! Great looking plants!!!LOL!!!

Hey that really is looking pretty good. Looks like all the plants made it in good condition.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode