post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to aanderson09
Mr. Anderson's 20g Tank

enjoy

can anyone id that red fish for me please

my black neon tetra school (16 of them)

my saltwater pond for fun (bonefish in there)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
When in doubt, take it out!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Looks nice. Ive seen black neons before, but never in such a big school. That really brings out the color in them. Again, nice start.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 01:26 AM
eds

PTrader: (8/100%)
Nice wood!

What gear are you running and what are your water params?

You could use a few more plants...

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 03:07 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to hipchack
Holy cow! bonefish pond? How large is the pond? Can you fish 'em and throw em back? They look fat and happy. How do you have the filter setup? Or can you pump the ocean water right and let it go right out (I've heard of UofH doing this)?

Oh yea, the red fish definately ain't one of these . But what a cool pond! can you take more pics of it?
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

yeah, eds, I just set it up a little while ago, the water still is stirred up, I'll start testing the water when it all settles down perfectly, and I'm not anywhere near done planting I'm planning to plant some HC where the open area is; on it I have a aquaclear 120, I have 2 55w lights one is 10000K and one 6700K I'm gonna put in 2 CO2 ladders soon though

and hipchack, it's at my dad's office, it's about a 20' circle, and 2 feet deep, I have some convict tangs in there as well to take care of the algae, big algae problem cause it's in the sun

his office is a marine research institute, so it pumps water straight from a under ground saltwater well, but I also have a water pump/filter on it, me and my dad caught all the bonefish ourself we used to have a 12 lb one in there I don't think it'd be very good for the bonefish if we tried to catch them out, but we could if we wanted to

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill
i believe that red fish was just recently discovered? its name is something like redicus pixiliscusiticus...

my 2cents

fish newb

LOL nice tank there and the pond sounds amazing more pics?
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 01:57 PM
eds

PTrader: (8/100%)
All right. This bum lives in Hawaii, his dad is a marine researcher, he's a good-looking teenager with a new puppy and a tricked out woodworking shop.
Do we need any more reasons to hate him?

(I just sent your plants 20 minutes ago, and I'm already regretting that I listened to you, and didn't add more odds and ends!)
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by eds
All right. This bum lives in Hawaii, his dad is a marine researcher, he's a good-looking teenager with a new puppy and a tricked out woodworking shop.
Do we need any more reasons to hate him?

(I just sent your plants 20 minutes ago, and I'm already regretting that I listened to you, and didn't add more odds and ends!)
actually, he's the president of the place, not a researcher it's called Oceanic Institute if you want to look it up and btw, thanks for the plants

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 08:20 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
The door opens. Agent Darkcobra enters, throws a large folder on the table, and sits down across from you.

As you can see, we've had our eye on you for some time now, Mr. Anderson.

It seems that you've been living two lives. One life, you're A. Anderson, contributor to a respectable planted aquaria forum. You have a golden retriever, feed your fish, and you... build trebuchets in your garage.

The other life is lived in computers, where you go by the hacker alias "aanderson09" and are guilty of Photoshopping strange red fish into aquarium pictures.

One of these lives has a future, and one of them does not.

I'm going to be as forthcoming as I can, Mr. Anderson. That is a nice tank.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 03:01 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCobra
The door opens. Agent Darkcobra enters, throws a large folder on the table, and sits down across from you.

It seems that you've been living two lives. One life, you're A. Anderson, contributor to a respectable planted aquaria forum. You have a golden retriever, feed your fish, and you... build trebuchets in your garage.

The other life is lived in computers, where you go by the hacker alias "aanderson09" and are guilty of Photoshopping strange red fish into aquarium pictures.

you found out my secret! You must be a machine. I kill machines, for instance I killed my computer about 5 months ago last machine I killed I stole some of their secret machine juice labeled excel, I accidently dropped it in my planted 20g tank, my plants started flourishing like crazy, here's some pics

my yoyo/pakistani loach

my black neon tetras again cause they're so awesome, I'm down to like 12-13 now, they weren't eating for a while, now they're fat and happy though

and lastly, can anyone ID this plant for me?

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 03:30 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (28/100%)
Tank looks nice. My guess on the plant is Ludwigia repens.

riverrat
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 06:46 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCobra

You sir, are a god amoungst men.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 08:16 AM

Dude, if you let me bring my Flyrod around & throw a few fly's at those bonefish, I'll be your best friend!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
I am going to have to pull out the matrix and watch it over again after that.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

riverrat-thanks for the ID

Zulu-

fishingjedi- my dad caught all of the bonefish saltwater flyfishing on some flats (not liable to say where), he was thinking about doing that also, but it'd be bad for the fish by the way, welcome to the forum

jimmy- you have no idea how many times people call me mr anderson instead of my first name, it gets kinda annoying

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode