The Planted Tank Forum banner

20 High goldfish grow out

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  xjasminex 
#1 ·
Let me preface this by saying I'm a sucker for all animals.

I've got four large aquatic frogs and they eat probably 100 feeders a week. A week ago I decided to give them a treat and bought some goldfish feeders, they're a little faster and meatier than minnows and although not healthy for the frogs, they're OK once in awhile. I like to make them hunt for their food.

Well, it just so happens my wife takes a liking to two particularly cute goldfish. She begs me to save them.. I can't resist. The fact that this allows me to set up another tank (which was previously forbidden) had NOTHING to do with it either :)

So, I set up my old 20 High, found some cheap filtration and lights for it and tossed them in. I know it's not cycled so I used Stability to hopefully aid that process (I just didn't have the time, another hour in the frog tank and they'd be gone).

Just yesterday, I had the chance to plant the tank. I decided to go with pots to try something different.

This is what I came up with:

Equipment

Filter:Ovation 1000 filter, 125 gal Hydro sponge w/diy lift tube
Lights: Fluker's 10" Sun Dome, 40W CFL (6" from the surface)

Flora: Crypt Wendtii, Crypt Parva, Ludwigia (forgot sp.), lace java fern, Hygrophilia (forgot sp.), Micro Sword, Dwarf baby tears, Anubius Barteri

Fauna: 2 small comet goldfish, MTS

Some pots need to be re-positioned, just noticed it after I took these photos.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.