Almost Happy with my Aquarium (large images) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (1/100%)
Almost Happy with my Aquarium (large images)

After dreaming about setting up a large planted display tank for many years, I finally took the plunge back in March 2005. There have been many trials and tribulations that I have successfully endured, thanks in large part to the great advice on this site. After an hour of tank maintenence today I sat there staring at my tank and I thought to myself.oO "This is starting to look pretty good". I told my wife that I was getting happy with my tank, and she said that she thought she would never hear me say those words.

Well, this has prompted me to finally post a few pictures of the tank. It is certainly no masterpiece, and pales in comparison to many member's tanks, but here it is. Also, any advice on aquascaping or additional plants to add are very much appreciated.

The Rotala just got a big haircut today...should grow in again soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
That foreground is great! Gotta love those post-water change pearling!! Did the rotala fill the background behind the wood?

Re-boot!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
Nice foreground, what plant is that? Interested in some if you have some for sale.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (1/100%)
I love the post water-change pearling...it's mesmerizing.

Yes, I cut down a bucket full of rotala to weed out the leggy portions. I have found that if I cut it down close and then trim out the middle section, that the top grows back in fuller. It grows about 6 inches a week.

The foreground it chain sword. I love this plant. It is coming out my ears now. I'd be happy to trade it.

This is how it started. (notice the three little chain swords in front of the driftwood held down with scraps pieces of granite)

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode