For the bowfront lovers out there... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via AIM to organic sideburns
For the bowfront lovers out there...

http://community.webshots.com/album/471358836vKEmIx

The pics in there are of my 46 gal I just took 5 mins ago..And of my 55 gal satwater set up and one pic of my gecko! ..Comments please!!..I'm not done planting and I want all the help I can get..Thanks!

Cheers...

My high-tech 125 gallon journal:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

forgot to mention my tank specs for the 46 gal..

46 gal aga bowfront tank w/ black trim
2 55 watt compact flourescent lighting (getting new bulbs tomorow!)
200 penguin bio-wheel filter and 150 aquaclear filter
mix of flourite and jet black substrate
forgot wat type heater lol
co2 is just that natural plant system with bubble ladder diffuser thing ( will upgrade once i know more about c02 tho!) i dose with some seachem plant supplement liquid stuff (same with the cos situation..will upgrade with dosing once im certain i know how much to does etc.!)
..thats all the tank specs. i can think of ..and Jawn..i'll be back tomrow im going to bed..nice meeting ya!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 03:23 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hey Organic..

Is it a rounded front?..looks like the plants still need some time to grow ya..nice one there..maybe you add more stem plants on the back ground, looks like of empty thu..

just a noob suggestion, maybe u can try to let those stem plants on the left side mature first, and propagate them on your backgroud..those stem plants looks lovely thu..

jawn..

Jawn..

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Jawn, thanks for the suggestion..yup all the plants in there except the one anubias and java fern were just rescently added so alot of growing in is needed..and it does look a lil empty i am going shopping soon and will load the tank up with plants..errr..didnt i say i was going to bed now..ok im going now lol

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 04:10 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nice looking tank. How are you lighting the front (bowed out section) of your tank? I assume the 2 55 watts are in a fixture..correct me if I'm wrong.

Luigi
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 01:25 PM
BSS

PTrader: (12/100%)
Good looking start you have going there. It does look like it needs to mature a bit, but by hanging out here for a while, doing lots of reading and asking questions, you'll soon be heading up that learning curve.

In case you haven't see it suggested elsewhere on the boards, please go read through www.rexgrigg.com. Lots of great information packed into a fairly concise, straight-forward format.

Welcome!
Brian.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
That is a good start. I agree on letting them grow out a bit...but also do not hesitate to get a few "junk" bunches of anacharis, hornwort, rotala, etc (Petsmart bunches) to throw in there to aid in the balance of nutrient uptake.

The grass...is it a Sag? looks like "mondo" grass...which won't survive.

CO2...will be difficult with the DIY mix and ladder system...not impossible, but difficult. Another ladder could definitely help maintain a higher co2 concentration.

Also work on ditching the biowheel...all the co2 you're putting in is being outgassed.

Nice work...so far so good.

Re-boot!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 01:59 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
Nice tank, you will see huge improvments if and when you go pressurized co2 and get a regular fert dosing schedule going. Keep it up.

Josh

Josh
10g & 46g bf, Filstar XP2, coralife 96w, eco-complete, pressurized CO2 w/ DIY in-line reactor & ferts.

- Join today!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks for all the tips guys..The mondo grass will go and thats a good idea to get some cheap bunch plants at Petsmart..I will do that..I'll move the biowheel filter out of there and try to get pressurized c02 and start dosing regulary..How much do these pressurized c02 run for??Where can I get it?

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi
Nice looking tank. How are you lighting the front (bowed out section) of your tank? I assume the 2 55 watts are in a fixture..correct me if I'm wrong.

Luigi

Yea thats all the lighting im using right now..I should upgrade tho..Maybe buy another 2 55 watts and put them on the front glasss lid part on the canopy...Hmm.. Soo many options ahh

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode