It sure has been a while since I've been back on TPT almost two years. And boy did I miss you guys!
I've decided that I'm going to get a 20 gallon long tank with my girlfriend. (Its really cool. She actually wants to get the tank with me.) After my past experience with planted tanks, I really want to do a crypt tank with little to no stems (unless my girlfriend wants them) and a few mosses on driftwood.
I'm gonna be taking my good sweet time with this one and hopefully will have it all pieced together in the next few months. I'd rather save up the money over time and then buy it all at once and do things right if I'm gonna do it at all.
1. $30 - 20 gallon long tank
2. $40 - DIY stand/ Canopy
2. $50 - Coralife 30" T5 2x18 Watt with 1-10k and 1-6700k
3. $55 - substrate: MTSoil with pool sand cap
4. about $150 in plants.
5. $50 Hydor inline heater 200w
6. $140 eheim 2217 classic (I want the increased media space so that I can house more livestock safely, and it is also a good future proofing incase I'm ever allowed to get a larger tank.)
7. $20 DIY co2 (2x 2 liter bottles)
8. $25 dry fertz
Let it get good and settled in, maybe use a couple of cherries to help the cycle.
(Not quite sure on the final fish list but here's the gist)
1. $50 some male apisto and 2 females.
2. $30 8-9 cory pygmaeus
3. $30ish for some CPD's
4. $15-30ish on either some ottos or 2 longfin bristlenose
(Fish Subject to change on whims of my lady)
-C. Wendtii "Mi Oya" or "Tropica" I haven't decided yet.
-C. Wendtii "Green"
-C. Wendtii "Florida Sunset"
-C. Rosanervig (Another one to come in later once the tank is established)
-C. Wendtii "Red" (Has always grown smaller than other wendtii varieties for me)
-C. Parva (I'm gonna sink a good bit into this to plant a nice carpet and see how it fares. I think it could happen maybe?)
-C. "Flamingo" (I really would love this one
This is the tank where my inspiration is coming from
credit to (keydoc) on TPT. his crypt blog is amazing.