Views:	454
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	2050  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (30/100%)
Very Nice! I may have to steal that idea if you don't mind.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
I like the look of the repens, however I can never get mine too have some color. I am dosing 5ml of plantex csm+b plus extra iron 3x a week and none of my plants are getting any color. I have 3.25wpg, 6,700K flourescent bulb.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosty
Very Nice! I may have to steal that idea if you don't mind.
Sure. Post it so we can see.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdinh04
I like the look of the repens, however I can never get mine too have some color. I am dosing 5ml of plantex csm+b plus extra iron 3x a week and none of my plants are getting any color. I have 3.25wpg, 6,700K flourescent bulb.
Can't really offer any advice about that. At one point I did try adding extra iron, but it seemed to worsen algae managment so I went the other direction (limit iron, only in substrate). The Ludwigia sat there as a fairly large plant for a while without putting out those nice red extensions. FWIW I run 2x55w CF @ 6700K that I frequently shade to give a range of ~4wpg (high) to 2 wpg (low).
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 05:49 PM

Very festive I noticed your golden-wonder panchax, very nice. I have one just like it...I feed him house spiders and he seems to fancy the hardwood floor lol...those things are indestructable.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 09:01 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Thats a nice healthy looking tank !
That definately aint the North Pole, I doubt Santa's ever had it so good...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Thats a nice healthy looking tank !
That definately aint the North Pole, I doubt Santa's ever had it so good...
Thanks Buck. Santa's, uh, vacationing down here in SoCal prior to the upcoming big push on Christmas eve.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian
Very festive I noticed your golden-wonder panchax, very nice. I have one just like it...I feed him house spiders and he seems to fancy the hardwood floor lol...those things are indestructable.
Killifish are my all time favorite fish. Got this beauty full grown at my LFS for a great price. Probably had something to do with the fact that he looks to be a mutant (?) - VERY highly upturned upper lip giving him a rather bizarre appearance when viewed close . Still, he's gorgeously colored and is a fav with the family. Name's (what else?) Lips. Hasn't shown any inclination to do the jumping thing (fortunately).
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Algae Grower

hey wapfish

that's a great looking tank ... with one very happy santa i bet .....

i really like your tank ... it looks fantastic ....

if it's not too much bother could you please list the plants that you have in it (as you go accross the tank or in some type of order so that we can figure out which is which ) ...

very well done ... great aquacsaping ... and a happy santa at the same time ....

33 US G (125L) ------ Aqua-One 620 Tall - L: 24" (60cm), W: 14" (36cm), D: 24" (60cm) ; Modified Hood with 2 x GE 55W 21" AquaRays (9325 K) under AH Supply Reflectors; Fluval 304 Canister Filter;Substrate = 2" JBL AquaBasis Plus nutrient ground cover + 2" of 50% mix of Flourite & Onxy Sand ; JBL ProFlora Pressurized CO2 + REXX DIY CO2 Reactor; Hydor 300W Inline Heater @ 26C/79F;Fish = 2 x SAE; 2 x Clown Loaches; 15 x Cardinal Tetras; 2 x Orange Angels
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTanker
hey wapfish

that's a great looking tank ... with one very happy santa i bet .....

i really like your tank ... it looks fantastic ....

if it's not too much bother could you please list the plants that you have in it (as you go accross the tank or in some type of order so that we can figure out which is which ) ...

very well done ... great aquacsaping ... and a happy santa at the same time ....
Whoa! Thanks much! I wouldn't exactly call it aquascaped - more like a healthy salad bar, but it gives me a lot of staring pleasure.

Plants (counterclockwise from left front):

Hydrocotyle leucocephala (pennywort)
Hygrophila polysperma (behind pennywort,can't see)
Ludwigia repens
Ceratopteris thalictroides (water fern - in front of Ludwigia)
Echinodorus bleheri
Bolbitis heudelotti (didn't grow this - just purchased this large bunch from crshadow in Swap n Shop and put it in two days ago; replaced a water wisteria)
Val (type unknown - from LFS)
Anubias barteria (left back corner)
Nymphaea stellata (dwarf aquarium lily/red)
Limnophila aromatica (just to the right of red lily)
Amano (?) moss on the wood piece behind Santa (freebie with the Limnophila from Anuba in Swap n Shop)
Hemianthus callitrichoides (dwarf helzine - in a depression in the wood piece)
Sagittaria subulata (dwarf sag)
Anubias barteri "coffefolia" (my favorite, just to the left of the pennywort)

Phew!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Algae Grower

Thanks wapfish ...

i feel all inspired now ... well done .... i will reference this thread and will use your tank as one of my half dozen "inspiration tanks" for ideas when it comes time to redo my tank late Jan 2006 ..

thanks again .... great stuff ...

33 US G (125L) ------ Aqua-One 620 Tall - L: 24" (60cm), W: 14" (36cm), D: 24" (60cm) ; Modified Hood with 2 x GE 55W 21" AquaRays (9325 K) under AH Supply Reflectors; Fluval 304 Canister Filter;Substrate = 2" JBL AquaBasis Plus nutrient ground cover + 2" of 50% mix of Flourite & Onxy Sand ; JBL ProFlora Pressurized CO2 + REXX DIY CO2 Reactor; Hydor 300W Inline Heater @ 26C/79F;Fish = 2 x SAE; 2 x Clown Loaches; 15 x Cardinal Tetras; 2 x Orange Angels
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
I love your bosemani rainbows (I currently have 4 in a 46.) How do you like them? Do you do anything special for them? Great tank btw.

Josh

Josh
10g & 46g bf, Filstar XP2, coralife 96w, eco-complete, pressurized CO2 w/ DIY in-line reactor & ferts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Join today!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelnek
I love your bosemani rainbows (I currently have 4 in a 46.) How do you like them? Do you do anything special for them? Great tank btw.

Josh
Thanks Josh. This is the first time I've ever kept rainbows. There's also a pair of Melanotaenia parkinsoni in there somewhere. I like them a lot. They're very personable and come right up to the glass and stare out at me. One thing that's truly amazing is what voracious eaters they are at feeding time. They hit the food like a pack of piranas . Maybe the staring and eating are related do you think ? They're only fed once a day but are growing pretty well so I don't think I'm starving them. Are yours that way?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode