My 100+ plant 100gal all newset up all DIY co2 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
My 100+ plant 100gal all newset up all DIY co2

I just wanted to show off my 100+ planted 100gal I have just finished up thanks to a super great guy from aqua bid who help supplie some of the plant for my Apisto tank.http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?i...hot01081wz.jpg http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?i...hot01073xi.jpg http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?i...hot01126wk.jpg there is one plant I'm needing help with I D on it it's the one in the pics behind the dwaft wood and on the left side of it. hope ya'll injoy the pics as much as I enjoy looking at the tank now. This tank has 2 -2 liter bottle DIY co2 systems on it and has a steady co2 level of 25ppm to 28ppm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 01:21 PM
eds

PTrader: (8/100%)
Looks nice.
How long has it been planted and what lighting do you have?
I'm surprised 2x2L DIY gives you those CO2 levels. Hope they stay there for you.
Sorry I can't help with the plant ID - I don't really understand which plant you are asking about, and the pix are a little dark and out-of-focus.
Play around with your camera and you should be able to get some stunning shots!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I have a hard time believing that you really have 28 ppm co2 with 2x 2 liter bottles on a 100 gallon tank. I bet your measurement are wrong. I dont think it's possible to get 28 ppm out of 2 pop bottles. What are you using to difuse the co2? bubble ladder?

I ran 3x2 liter pop bottels on my 75 gallon tank, and I maxed out at 12 ppm co2... You might want to re-check your kh/ph ratio.

75 gallon, fillstar xp2 with inline reactor, 12 Lb pressurised co2, 4.2 WPG-corallife 3x96 watt PC-, fluorite/silica-sand substright.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

sorry to disapoint you buddie but they r on the money. I done the measurments again today right before water change and got 27ppm. I hope it stays that way to. It's been running at 25ppm to 30ppm for alittle under 6 months now. So again sorry to disapoint you.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 04:48 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
Test kits can go bad, I would double check with another test kit or a lfs just to verify. I agree with shucks that your co2 levels seem too good to be true. not impossible but improbabable

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode