My Amazonian Jungle Tank in Wyoming!
I want to start a journal for my 4-month-old 55-gallon freshwater aquarium that I'm in the process of heavily planting. This is my first (heavily) planted tank and I'm pretty excited to start it's transformation which I plan on documenting here.
Here are some of my tank perimeters:
- Size: 55-gallon, 4ft long
- Age: 4-months, fully cycled, & partially stocked
- Lighting: 1 32-watt compact florescent + 6hrs(+) direct sunlight/day
- Substrate: Newly converted from gravel to 1.5” peat moss topped with 2.5” pool filter sand (as of yesterday)
- CO2: 3 DIY 2-liters
- pH: 7.2 – 7.8
- Water Temperature: 86 Degrees F
- Water Hardness: ? I don’t have a test kit for water hardness, but where I live we have VERY, VERY hard water because we are SURROUNDED with limestone. Before I added the CO2 the pH was around 8.7+ and it only dropped after adding the CO2. I’m expecting the peat moss of have an effect on the pH, but no changes yet.
- Fertilizers: None yet, I need help with this one.
- Current Plants: Anacharis, Jungle Val, & 1 Amazon Sword
- Current Fish: 2 Koi Angelfish, 4 Philippine Blue Angelfish, 5 Guppies, 2 Bala Sharks, 1 Beta, 1 Pleco.
Here is a list of the plants that are being planted this week:
· 3 of : Anubias, Nana (Anubias barteri v. Nana)
· 3 of : Cabomba Purple (Red) (Cabomba pulcherrima)
· 1 of : Creeping Charlie (Micromeria Brownei)
· 1 of : Crinum aquatica (Crinum natans)
· 3 of : Cryptocoryne, Balansae (Cryptocoryne crispatula var. Balansae)
· 1 of : Glossostigma (Glossostigma elatinoides)(grown in pots)(top quality)
· 1 of : Java Moss (Vesicularia Dubyana)(4 oz cup)
· 2 of : Limnophila hippuroides (Limnophila aromatica 'hippuroides')
· 1 of : Lloydiella, Golden (Lysimachia nummularia var. 'Aurea')
· 1 of : Ludwigia, Broad Leaf (Ludwigia repens) (grown in 2" POTS)
· 1 of : Sagittaria, Dwarf Subulata (Sagittaria subulata)(10 plants per order)
· 1 of : Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalictroides) Pot
· 1 of : Wisteria (Hygrophila difformis)
(sorry about the quality of the photos, I will try to take better pictures next time)
Tank on January 26, 2013:
Suggestions, tips, and comments are all VERY welcome.
Wish me luck!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.