Couple new plants - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to chadly
Couple new plants

I added these new plants to my 20 gal. I think it fills in some gaps and adds a little character. The new plants are narrow leaf ludwigia, which I bought a couple bunches and put them in a vacant corner. Another is anubias "coffefolia". I really like this plant, I got a nice healthy one and it's showing potential. About 3 weeks ago, I added a couple java ferns the the driftwood on the right, you may be able to see them in the pics but they are kinda dark. I also added a couple new fish, 2 female gold rams and 2 guppies and 3 black phantom tetras. I may be needing an algea eater to clean off my rocks as they are fading out of contrast w/ the gravel due to an outbreak of brown algea. I may have added too much fertilizer the week I got the plants.

now for the pics (not the best but...)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Join today!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
Looks good, although I find anubias to look better attached to wood.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
I like your hardscape! a little more plant growth and that will be one great looking tank.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I think it is a great start. You should be pleased. Nice ram. I find the two slim rocks that form a "V" in the foreground a little distracting. Might I suggest removing the one on the left? But again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Once your plants grow in it might look a little less conspicuous.

I have never seen that type of Ludwigia here, but would like to try it some day...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 03:03 AM
Banned

PTrader: (53/98%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jart
I think it is a great start. You should be pleased. Nice ram. I find the two slim rocks that form a "V" in the foreground a little distracting. Might I suggest removing the one on the left? But again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Once your plants grow in it might look a little less conspicuous.

I have never seen that type of Ludwigia here, but would like to try it some day...
I really enjoy your aquascape!!! Good start, but I also agree with Jart, the "V" should be removed altogether in my opinion. It gives an unnatural look to the other wise nice look.

The driftwood would look nice with some form of moss or Anubias Nana or Petite Nanas growing on them. And if you can find some type of plant to grow between some of the rocks would also add a natural look. Maybe even some moss growing between the rocks.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to chadly
Thanks folks.

The "v" is actually a stick, not a rock. It used to hold back the gravel and formed a kind of ledge. The gravel has since lifted the stick up and evened out in front. People liked it when it did work. I'd like to get some better pictures so you'd get a good idea of color contrast. I'm still trying to figure out a good fert dosing schedule, and my light schedule isn't consistent. One thing I'm dissapointed about is the dwarf sag isn't sending out runners and spreading very well. Another thing is, I can get the wendtii to grow well, but if I move them or mess w/ em the largest leaves just fall off. I really want to get it to where I don't need to physically mess w/ it for a while, just get my lighting and fert dosing on track.

- Join today!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode