Hill Top Tree - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
Hill Top Tree

New tank...

So I plan to do a tree on top of the hill... nothing really original. I like the way trees look in an aquarium I guess but I plan to grow HC, Flame moss and some sort of background stem plant.

Current Specs are

Kotobuki 1200◊450◊450 tank
Aqua Soil
33x4 Wave-point light W/DIY suspension ropes and light bars.
Some sand...

More to come!

All gave some, Some gave all
Active tanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Retired Tanks

/
/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
decent start my friend. Just one thing..don't put stem plants at the back, it will/might destroy the depth the tree will bring, instead go for some grass type, say blyxa,E. accularis etc..not many just a tad few around the tree..looking forward to another FAAO ispired creation.. best of luck

Abhradip Choudhuri

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

That's a beautiful tank!

110g Tropical Community & Sakura Shrimp
55g BN Breeding Grounds, Peacock Gudgeons, Panda, Pygmies, & Smudge Spot Cories, Rili Shrimp
10g RCS and show guppies

-
-

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Algae Grower

What is that taped on your tank? string?

-Adam

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Kentucky View Post
What is that taped on your tank? string?
That does indeed appear to be string. The string is set up to follow the Rule of Thirds; it's a good placement indicator for aquascaping.

http://photoinf.com/Golden_Mean/Euge...enSection.html
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Yeah Normally if it was a smaller tank thrids is pretty easy. But with this huge tank I kinda wanted a guide... like in my digital camrea. Kinda ghetto but it works to find some focal points.

Active tanks

/

Retired Tanks

/
/
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Just a photo update! I threw in a glass jar with some HC cause I had a bit left from my other tank. Why waste light?

Active tanks

/

Retired Tanks

/
/
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Algae Grower

Thats gunna be alot of fun. Very nice tank, cool dimensions.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Just an Update. I need a better lens to capture the whole scape. But here is the start of my tree.

Active tanks

/

Retired Tanks

/
/

Last edited by Kevchan; 06-01-2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Broken links
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
Pics aren't working!

|
|
|
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (177/100%)
looks like the tree and pics were moved

"I am Groot", the faithful protector
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Sorry, I fixed the links

Active tanks

/

Retired Tanks

/
/
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Planted Member

Haha nice! I wanna lay down below the tree and stare at the clouds! Great start! That grass is looking mighty healthy.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Awesome! I would suggest a very light blue background, because then it really would look like a field. What moss is on the tree? Willow would look cool. Is that a belem carpet? I just love this tank!

ADA Gentleman #1

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Finnally Filled in.

Active tanks

/

Retired Tanks

/
/

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode