New scapes & photos (Aug. 2005) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
New scapes & photos (Aug. 2005)

Rescaped the tanks, moved some fish around and updated photos of them. Hope y'all like

Living room:
http://www.goldfishparadise.com/album/gallery/album388

Home office:
http://www.goldfishparadise.com/album/gallery/album262

Guest room:
http://www.goldfishparadise.com/album/gallery/album263
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 01:52 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Please, try updating your current threads before starting new threads.

Thanks!

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the feedback on the scapes.

Don't have time to go digging through to find my old posts. If it's an issue, will just stop posting messages and that will be that. Folks haven't been responding anyway.

So, yeah, thanks for taking the time to look.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 02:17 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
If it's an issue, will just stop posting messages and that will be that
Don't be silly.

I never told you to stop posting. I asked you to please try and update your previous threads. I never realized it took that much effort.

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 03:24 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Great looking tanks! I especially like this shot:

Have you thought about submitting a photo for the monthly wallpaper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizgig777
If it's an issue, will just stop posting messages and that will be that.
I don't think it is an "issue." I just think what Momotaro was saying is it is helpful for newbies like me to see the tanks' progression, and it is easier to read through a single thread. I have really enjoyed reading through other people's "journals."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
First true attempt at a planted tank.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 03:37 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
he yyour tanks are really good!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 04:04 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Oqsy Send a message via MSN to Oqsy Send a message via Yahoo to Oqsy
fizgig, nice photos...
as for the *kind* suggestion from momo, i think you're being too sensitive... if eveyone was "too busy" to update photo threads every time they took new shots of their multiple tanks, the photo board would be a bloody nightmare to navigate, and no one would ever realize that the new pictures you posted today had anything to do with the old pictures you posted weeks or months ago. as planted tanks are a living entity, and evolve, grow, and change in such short amounts of time, it's a much more coherent method of presentation of your "creation" as well. In fact, what started out as my 29g thread has become my 29g + 20H thread... it just makes more sense to keep them together. and as for "having time", if you really can't figure out how to find your old photo threads, go to "advanced search", enter your own name in the "user name" field, and choose "photo album" in the "search in forum(s)" field. maybe 8 more seconds... and usually saves you time in typing specs about the tanks, etc, as they're already known.

Oqsy

Eheim Pimp #171

; Eheim 2217, TurboTwist UVS, Seachem Onyx / Black T-grade ColorQuartz, 2x55w AHS CF, BeverageFactory.com CO2 Regulator with Clippard accessories

"If you ask me, you've got too much imagination. Everything's all loop-de-loops and flibbertigibbets." - Hank Hill
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 04:26 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you all for the responses. Glad y'all liked the 'scapes.

As for updating the threads... Kinda hard to do that when past photo albums get deleted when new ones are created. Can't follow the progression that way anyhow. So it's pretty pointless to have a thread that goes for pages and pages of links that will no longer work. Seemed like I didn't put thought into that whole thing, but, actually some did go into it... hehe... But, if you all would prefer I update one thread endlessly... I can do that... just don't expect to be able to follow progression further back than one month. That's why I create albums... so it saves me time and I just create a new one with current photos and delete the old one rather than deleting a dozen or more photos one by one =)

Wallpaper contest? Hmmm... didn't know that was an option. That's actually what happens with my older photos -- I create high res. wallpapers of them.

Thank you all, again, for taking the time to look and comment
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 01:12 PM
PT Biologist

PTrader: (4/100%)
Nice looking tanks. It looks like you got control of the idea of how to grow the plants without the algae.

btw: I agree that Momo could have been more diplomatic in his directive. At least he said 'please' and 'thanks'.

Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

It's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.

That IS an aquascape, it's titled "The Vacant Lot".
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMurphy
Nice looking tanks. It looks like you got control of the idea of how to grow the plants without the algae.

btw: I agree that Momo could have been more diplomatic in his directive. At least he said 'please' and 'thanks'.

Thanks I use Algone in all the tanks and employ the services of algae nibbling fish -- not algae eaters 'cause I have absolutely no luck with them things. The platies and swordtails do a better job than any algae eater at nibbling off any specs of algae that might appear. The Algone really works and provides carbon for the plants to keep them growing like mad, too.

Yep, he did say "please" and "thanks" S'aright, I realize he had his reasons and I had a REALLY long day and the two didn't mix with good results initially.

Thanks for looking and giving feedback

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode