shuks's 75 gallon, Arowana tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
shuks's 75 gallon, Arowana tank

hay people... these are the pictures of my tank before It's been planted. I'll update with pictures after I plant it. I'm going to buy a bunch of plants the day after tomorow. I'm thinking it will look quite diffrent..lol.

I really like the Mopani wood... what about you?

75 gallon, fillstar xp2 with inline reactor, 12 Lb pressurised co2, 4.2 WPG-corallife 3x96 watt PC-, fluorite/silica-sand substright.

Last edited by shuks; 08-10-2005 at 10:08 PM. Reason: i need to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

updated plant pics

OK folks, I just put in my first plants today, only 2 of them, but tomorow I will get some more. I have an Amazon Sword in the middle and Java fern in the back. Im goiun to start ferts tommorow, when I get more plants..

my gh is just under 4, and my kh is about 1..

aro tank

and 1 more withthe flash on...

75 gallon, fillstar xp2 with inline reactor, 12 Lb pressurised co2, 4.2 WPG-corallife 3x96 watt PC-, fluorite/silica-sand substright.

Last edited by shuks; 08-12-2005 at 10:30 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ok, I just got a bunch more plants. here is how it looks now...

new shots of tank

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:48 PM

Coming along. But you need quite a bit more to fill that 75.
How stable are those rocks in the left corner. I hate to see your Aro injured because the rock fell over.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

ya, It's not really aquascaped yeat. I'm just trying to gow the plant first. This is my first planted tank. The only plant that will stay where it is, is the amazon sword in the middle of my wood. This will be my center piece. I'm not going to plant too heavaly because my aro needs room to swim. I do plan on making a carpet of glosso, or dwarf grass. The plants have only been in my tank for about 24 hours, they don't even have roots yeat. I will add a bunch more plants soon, and I'm going to put anubis nanna sticking out of the rock pile. The rocks are very stable, leaning against the back glass to support them.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 02:18 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I agree. I'd watch out for the rocks; It might be best to silicone them together just to be safe. I'd also hate to see that aro injured; it's a beautiful fish!

One thing though- You really should get a bigger tank for the future, because aro's get massive and they need 4-5 times their body length worth of tank to be comfortable.

You're in my heart, you're in my soul, you'll be my breath should I grow old
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks for your consern Thanks...lol. I would be devistated if anything happend to my aro. I will get him a bigger tank eventually, probably not for another year or so. I will also invest in some silicon glue like you mentioned. He's about 1 foot long right now, and he's kept his beautifull orange and red collour. I try and feed him a mixed diet of veggies, bugs, and commets so that he keeps his collours.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

He really is beautiful. Is the tank going to be for him alone?

And you're welcome for my concern, you're welcome

You're in my heart, you're in my soul, you'll be my breath should I grow old
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Right now my aro is the only fish in my tank, but I'm raising 2 gold severums in a 30 gallon. When the gold serverums get a little bigger I'll put them in with the aro, to keep him company. Mabey eventually I'll try replacing the 2 severums with a few discuss... I would have to do ALOT more research on keeping discus before I attempted it though..

I'll update the pics when I start making more progress. I'm going to get some more plants real soon.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ok, I just bought a new plant that was pretty expensive. It coast me 10$ for it at big als. I think it's called Cardamine lyrata, unleast thats what the tag said on the plant. Here is a photo of it... It came with it's roots wrapped in a sponge with a small plastic bucket with holes in it. The roots look fairly well established in this sponge thing, so I left them in it. Should I remove the sponge and plastic, or should I leave it the way it came??? I really don't want this plant to die. It is my faverot.. Someone please let me know what to do about the roots...

http://www.msnusers.com/aropics/75ga...oto&PhotoID=13

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

OK, it;s been 1 week now and my plants are starting to look really healthy. Here is a pics of the whole tank... It's grown it quite a bit in just 1 week. I;m pretty happie with the results..

full tank

here is another with the flash on. it's a bit clearer, but doesnt look as good.
flash on

Last edited by shuks; 08-18-2005 at 12:50 AM.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode