Morinfens Jungle... UPDATE!!! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Morinfens Jungle... UPDATE!!!

Well here is my aquarium now after 2 months, i am still not very happy with the aquascape and plan on adding something on the left hand side but i am very picky and i am just kinda waiting until a plant pops out and i say HEY i want some of that! (Stelleta syndrome revisited!) In the meantime heres the stats and what my aquarium looks like right now, everything is growing good and the tank looks 100x better in person, i am very happy with it, but my photography skills arnt quite good enough to capture the essence quite yet so bare with me, and the photos i did take are a bit dark and you cant see some of what is in there. But anyways here it is! Comments and suggestions are not only welcome but would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Plants-
Glosso
Dwarf Sag
Dwarf Hair Grass
Green tiger lotus
Red tiger lotus
Crypts (dont know what kind)
Bacopa
P. Gayi
Stelleta
Rotala indica
Hygro

Theres other plants in there that i dont know what they are off hand.

Fauna-
3x Spotted Corydoras
3x Kuhli Loaches
2x Upside down catfish
4x Glo-Lite Tetras
5x White Clouds
3x Ottos
1x Betta
Ramshorn Snails

Equipment-
29 Gallon tank
130 Watts Satellite Orbit Lighting
DIY co2 x 4 2litre bottles
Filstar XP2
Turbotwist 9w
150 watt hydor
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Heres another shot at the aquarium, i am posting this one because it shows the whole aquarium (earlier i was trying to hide the bare left side!) and please ignore the floating debris, i did a trim on the crypts today and forgot to take the trimmed pieces out. Also, this picture is a little bit lighter than the other ones because i had the settings on the camera a little different, so you dont get color like it really looks but i think you can see a little more... along with the little bits of algae
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aqua3.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1586  

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Hop
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
It looks good to me. That nastly left side needs either more like you said or less. Might look just as good with just letting the forground grow in back there. One question though, is that the true color of the tank or is the white balance on your camera off a little(the two links the posted pic looks better)? But like I said nice, healthy looking tank you have there

Currently tankless for the first time in 24 years... Getting the itch again
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 01:03 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
Very nice, jungly tank. I would suggest some stem plants to fill the left to cover the filter intake
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 03:14 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Morinfen,

How far is Lugoff from Charlotte? I recall the name, but don't remember where on the map I saw it. I'm taking the local club out plant collecting on the 13th, you're welcome to come along. PM me for information.

Regards,
Phil

I've never regretted over engineering a system, but often regretted under engineering one.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Hey thats sounds fun! Charlotte is a little bit of a drive for me though! Lugoff is in the midlands of south carolina, it is close to Columbia, and Camden, and also Elgin. About 45 minutes from Sumter. What kind of local plants are around here anyways? Just curious?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

PROJECT IN THE WORKS!!!!
Everyone keeps commenting on the left side of my aquarium, how my filter intake is showing, and i was thinking of a way to cover it up and still keep it open looking but nice, so i decide to form some kind of plastic mesh i can tie java moss to and have it grow over the intake, it will look something like this... Comments and suggestions are welcome!!!

Also what would be the best things to use for this? Please post links and ideas!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aqua4.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1588  

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 03:29 AM
Wannabe Guru

I quite like the look of the tank, but agree with hiding the intake. Have you considered moving the intake over to the right side and away from the spray bar?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

I would but i like the intake being in an area that is open so i dont always have to pull plants out of it and stuff, i really am thinking into this moss idea, it might look nice!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Looks great! The moss wall idea sounds neat...maybe see if you can just jump on a deal for some erect moss or something to wrap around your intake if it bothers you. That glosso looks really healthy.

Re-boot!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode