low tech 55 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 02:30 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
low tech 55

ok I wanted to post a pic of my low tech 55 before I tore it apart to start my new 150 gallon this tank has been up and running for about 5 years in its current location. no co2, hob filter, u/g filter, powerhead running 2 bio wheels.

Last edited by donaldbyrd; 08-04-2005 at 02:59 AM. Reason: add picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 02:32 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
your photo isnt showing up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

thanks for you help it is showing up now

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 05:04 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
thanks for the photo. Your tanks looks really good and the plants look very healthy. I'm happie to hear you dont use c02 and a HOB filter because thats exactly what I use. I've been wondering if it was even possible to grow plants without c02 and a HOB filter, and you have proven it CAN be done. I use a DIY c02 settup, but I on a 75 gallon tank and a HOB filter I don't think it does much. Your tank has encouraged me greatly. I now know that I will be able to grow healthy plants (even if they don't grow fast). Your picture has been very helpfull because your tanks looks very good and healthy and we use basicly the same equipment.

75 gallon, fillstar xp2 with inline reactor, 12 Lb pressurised co2, 4.2 WPG-corallife 3x96 watt PC-, fluorite/silica-sand substright.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherGeoff Send a message via MSN to TheOtherGeoff
looks good. and seeing your tank like that with no co2 gives me much more hope for mine when i finally get around it to.

The Fish Tank, Tranquility in Motion

all gone now

Planted discus has come to an end.......but only for
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

shuks you are running a lot more light than i am on this tank , i only have 80watts on this tank

150 gallon. eco complete, 330 watt cf, eheim 2128 and 2028, pressurized co2 with am 1000 reactor, pinpoint ph controller
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
In my signiture it says I'm using 290 watts of light, but I will only be using about 150 untill I get presserized c02.

75 gallon, fillstar xp2 with inline reactor, 12 Lb pressurised co2, 4.2 WPG-corallife 3x96 watt PC-, fluorite/silica-sand substright.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode