10gal planted Dwarf Puffer Tank *update 072705* - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
10gal planted Dwarf Puffer Tank *update 072705*

Here is one of the little ottos that I have in the tank. They are very cute and tiny. Pretty good algae eaters, if only they had a thing for hair algae. Them, coupled with the tiny pleco dont seem to care much about the hair algae. Maybe if I stopped giving them fresh spinich, zuccini, and other greens.

I've been searching for this plant high and low for about 4-5 months now. I've ordered it online, only to get a giant variety - anubias barteri. I hate ordering from that website now, they've screwed me twice, and their customer service sucks as much as their identification of plants. Anyways, Wet Thumb Aquatics had it in when I went there, and the $10 was a no brainer purchase for me.

The plant was so large that I was able to split it (technically it was two plants intertwined with roots) and tie it off to the show piece of driftwood that I've been growing Java Fern on. This piece of driftwood would fetch a pretty good price if I ever decided to sell it

A 3/4 shot of the tank in full.

Followed by a full frontal shot.

I've had this tank setup for about a year now, well, rather, I've had it in the works. I started with a 5gal tank, three plants (anachris, hornwort, and some other weird plant that's really a half and half plant (half in and half out of water). Then I upgraded to the 10gal but at thanksgiving time, I brought it home, and battled cyanobacteria (blue-green algae) and got it cleaned up. Lost several plants in that. Then moved to this 10gal and got good plants, driftwood, and have everything going. I've lost a few puffers, some ghost shrimp, and an otto (I think) but everything seems stable now.

I have two 10W PC screw in bulbs for lighting now, instead of the 15W NO Flourescent bulb I had before.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode