Thank you all for the nice comments and for subscribing to the thread! It's a little overwhelming! I hope that it doesn't disappoint!
No pressure or anything, Frank!
So, we left off here yesterday......the rough set up with the position of the rock peninsulas:
The time-frame is still the same day of the physical move of the tank and stand, in the afternoon.
The rest of the stone went in, following the "lines" in the above picture. At least, the rest of the rock that I had at the time. Following that, I added about 75lbs of pre-washed pool sand as the cap. It was still a bit too light for my liking, but I suspect that it will dull out over the coming weeks and months. Started filling the tank, slowly, as I refuse to wash sand or substrate. It's a waste of time....you're going to get some cloudiness regardless. Added CLODS of anubia species...Tlyons01 can speak to that. I gave her at least a third of my anubias, and still probably had at least a few hundreds dollars worth that I used in this set up. Started dividing and adding my crypts, bucephelandra, java fern species, and a few slow growing stems.
Not my favorite photo, but it does show the light height above the tank. It is about 28" from the bulb to the surface of the water.
Filling up.....took about an hour to fill slowly:
Left side....you can see the XP5 filter under the cabinet churning away. You cannot see it "well," though!
What do you expect? I have a mini-Sun over my tank, so it makes it a little difficult to capture items in the shade:
Finally, the water level was full.....and in went a massive amount of MTS (Malaysian Trumpet Snails).....
Close up of the front trying to capture the three rock peninsulas:
Close up of the front right side of the tank....if you click on the pic, you get a better idea of the amount plants in there. I was able to keep a stem of the Alternanthera sp. "variegated":
Close up of the front left side of the tank....again, if you click on the pic, you can see a crazy amount of crypts and bucephelandra through the haze.
So ended the first day in the new home! More pictures tomorrow, starting Day 2. There's plenty to show....
Remember, a Journal is about the process, or the creation of an aquascape. This is certainly NOT even remotely close to being "finished", and it will be several months before the plants can begin to fill in the holes and spaces. It takes foresight to see a final "product," so don't judge based solely on these initial photos. i'm not an "instant Aquascaper."