Crazydaz's Square 200G RIPARIUM Stikes back-The End Teaser shots of new set up 7-24 - Page 57 - The Planted Tank Forum
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #841 of 850 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:32 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Skype™ to ValMM
Wow, from what I saw, your tank was beautiful. Did you ever try to keep Dendrophylax lindenii (ghost orchid) in your aquarium? I was reading up on them and it seems like they like lots of water and very stagnant air.

My roommate says I'll die by giant turtle.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 850 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Returning. Videotapes.

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz
Hi Hachi,

Thank you. I have not started a new thread for it. At this rate, I'm not sure I am going to.

Val: thank you very much! I don't believe that I attempted that orchid. Though there was plenty of moisture, the humidity in my home during the winter goes way down. It had a tendency to kill most of the orchid species. The lighting, too, would dry things out, or simply be too much for most of the orchids to handle.

Last edited by crazydaz; 02-24-2017 at 10:29 PM. Reason: additional response
post #843 of 850 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 10:54 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydaz View Post
Here are some pictures that I was able to take yesterday, mainly of the top portion. I am waiting until this evening to take aquatic photos when there is less glare. Also working on a video, too! Bought myself a new camcorder, so I'll be messing around with that, too!

Im not trying to be nosy or, to polite. But this tank Looks as if it would cost as much as my house!
These photos are even more detailed than my own eyes can see lol! Beautiful tank

post #844 of 850 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 11:56 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)
Really is amazing, I feel as tho this is the next step after planted tanks. I think I could evolve to either keeping a reef tank, or doing something like this.
crazydaz and crazydaz like this.
post #845 of 850 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Returning. Videotapes.

Thanks Betta and Sean. I suppose that if I had added everything up during the setup's various peak times, I probably could have made a nice profit on it, if I had sold it all. Shipping is just such a pain in the butt that I rarely did it.

Sean: the set up I had prior to this one (in the same tank) was a high-growth, high-color system, so I wanted to try something a bit different when I set the tank up again. I was looking for a new challenge, so I tried to think out of the box, literally.
post #846 of 850 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 11:41 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Holy cow, you're still alive! Hope all's well with you these days. Got any pics of the "new" setup? I haven't seen any for quite a while.

Cheers,
Big Spoon
post #847 of 850 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Returning. Videotapes.

Hi Big Spoon. :-)

Yeah.....travel for work has been almost constant since November of last year. I am just now home having an office week. I'm drained.

The pictures are especially difficult with this set up. The plants I have growing out of the top are pretty waxy-ish and reflect a lot of light. So, it makes it almost impossible to get both the top part and aquatic parts to look good and show up in the same photo. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll be able to get enough rest this week to get my energy up and take new photos and post them.
post #848 of 850 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

No rest for the wicked.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #849 of 850 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Crazydaz.... Anything for us?
post #850 of 850 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 04:45 AM

best inspiration

How can I look for your video? Can't wait to see it!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode