This is my first attempt at a planted tank, i was just wondering what you guys thought.
Ive been lurking here for a long time just reading through the threads trying to figure out exactly how i could keep the plants alive and algae free, anyway i decided to try the EI method of fertilising and got the nescessary dry ferts together lights filters etc over a period of weeks, during this time i also decided to make a tank to fit in an alcove in my house, so i made the tank, the hood and fitted the lights and got the system up and running and put the plants in.
The tank is 30x18x18 (Sorry rex but this is what fitted, but id say i clocked up about 100 views minimum on your site in that time, much appreciated
At the moment im useing DIY co2 and havent had much of a problem achieveing 30ppm, im useing 2 bottles at the same time and rotate the refills to try and keep some consistancy, i change each mix in rotation every 7-10 days max (but i want pressurised, thats next on the list) diffusion is by Hagen ladder.
40 gallon tank
Laterite and a fine gravel mix
Doseing via EI method
The first shot is taken exactly 5 weeks ago the day i added the plants, the rest of the shots were taken last night, the plant in the foreground is Lilaeopsis brasiliensis and its growing very slowly, but its the only type of carpeting plant i could get at the time, but it seems to have speeded up a bit in the last week as i added a little more po4.
Thanks for looking