My tank at 5 weeks - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
My tank at 5 weeks

Here's a couple of pics of my tank at 5 weeks. The second pic is of my Cabomba as an example of the shoots which almost all plants in my tank are producing (except for the sword and crypt. of course). I take this as a sign they are doing very well.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Your plants are doing well, Bill!

You are really getting this down! Everything looks great. My set up didn't look that good after five weeks!

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I am going to try adding some red since things are going so well. I think I have suffucient light for any high light plants. I stayed away from any red plants in the beginning based on advice from some of the more ecperienced people on this forum and the lfs. Any advice on a good plant to throw some red in the mix?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

I can see 176 people have viewed this post and nobody (with the exception if Momotaro) has any advice or comments for me? Come on people, it's important to help out those of us new to the hobby. That's one of the purposes of this forum. Even if it's just a word of encouragement to let us know we are on the track. I don't mean to complain but I have had a poor response to other posts as well.

Sincerely,

Bill
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 03:24 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
Bill - You are on target! You look algae free, you've got evident signs of growth, and your sword looks particularly perky. Good job!

Now on the flip side... plants have ways of storing a lot of energy, so the growth you are seeing now could just be potential that came with them into the tank a few weeks ago, assuming of course that they had reasonable conditions.

I think you'll find people have a lot more room to comment if you can give them the standard details... tanks size, lights, water parameters, ferts, substrate, filtration. You know the drill.

A pic is just a point in time. If one of the things I mentioned above is way out of wack, it can be a lovely shot right before the disaster waiting to happen happens. But I don't think that applies to you! Your tank looks healthy.

But some details would be nice. I just wish my tank had looked so well at 5 weeks! Congrats!

Steve - 33g reef and a 180g planted in need of a re-scape.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2005, 03:45 AM
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
Looks good. I wish the pictures were visible in full on my screen. Sometimes bigger is not better... But the Cabomba is beautiful, and the tank has a lot of potential.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Here are the specifics of the tank:

Tank - 30gal
Lighting - dual 36" flourescent (1 7000k daylight and 1 Color Intensifier)
Substrate - 1-3mm pea gravel with laterite mixed in first 1" layer
Heater - 100W Big Al's special (82įF right now while ich runs it's cycle with no fish in the tank)
CO2 - Hagen CO2 system with extra 500ml bottle reactor in-line
Fertilizer - Leaf Zone aquarium plant food, once weekly.
Rocks - Picture stone, zebra rock, local rocks.
Livestock - 7 cherry red shrimp (my 2 clown loaches dies from ich treatment in hospital tank. 1 fantail guppy is finishing treatment, he's a trooper...I couldn't kill this guy if I tried!)
Plants - Elodea, Palaefolius Sword, Asst. Crypt., Windelov, Watersprite, Hyfro Difformus, Cabomba-green (recently added red cabomba, Eleocharis Acicularis & Alt. Reineckil)

Maybe this will spark more comments/advice.

Thanks,

Bill
30gal planted
72gal bowfront Tanganyikan
125 Malawi
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 02:10 AM

Tank looks great Bill. Can't wait to see it in another 5 weeks.
Keep the pics coming.
Andy

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode