55g Planted discus tank... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
55g Planted discus tank...

Gday everyone how are ya? Was jus looking around all the tanks and decided that i might have to add mine in here! Ive jus recently done some re arranging, pruned a little bit and thinking of adding a few more plants in because im not happy with the overall look so i thought id post and see how you guys like it and if you have any suggestions in what you would do with it as if it was your tank.... So yea here it is!

Before (with bit of algae problem) lol:

And After:

And what i would like to do:

Last edited by Aj86; 06-01-2005 at 08:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 04:11 AM

PTrader: (16/100%)
If it were my tank....Planted just like yours....I would get four adult Discus, all the same breed...Maybe wild browns, or tourquoise from a reputable breeder, an go from there...

Great lookin tank!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 11:03 AM

hey mate,
you already know that i love ya tank. Have you increased the wpg?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastalker
If it were my tank....Planted just like yours....I would get four adult Discus, all the same breed...Maybe wild browns, or tourquoise from a reputable breeder, an go from there...

Great lookin tank!
Thanx mate! I would have probably done the same but i got my discus at different times and yea... Didnt decide to plant till after i got them...
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanx aussie! Yea i did increase from about 1.5 to about 2.2wpg dont wanna go too high.... (Have enough problems with algae as is! haha
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Man, i was in a great lfs that had like 10 different species of discus and I was tempted to run home, net up all my fish, get store credit and buy some. HEHE

40 gallon SeaClear Acrylic, 192 watt Orbit Lunar PC, Filstar XP2, Filstar XP1, JBJ Regulator, Rhinox 5000 glass co2 diffusor, 9 watt UV sterilizer, Hydor Inline Heater, Pool Filter Sand substrate
Filstar pimp #53

How comes shoppings so stupid, looks at all this stuff I haves, what do I do's with it.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Algae Grower

Great looking tank AJ. Your plants seem to like that rock. Is that a Red Turquoise Discus "the big one". Have you had any health problems with them. They look very healthy. One more thing what is that plant in the far left corner? It looks great.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 08:16 PM

very nice!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qoperator
Great looking tank AJ. Your plants seem to like that rock. Is that a Red Turquoise Discus "the big one". Have you had any health problems with them. They look very healthy. One more thing what is that plant in the far left corner? It looks great.
Thanx qoperator! Yea the big one is a red tourqouise first discus i ever got! I havnt had any health problems with the ones ive got now... But i have lost 2... One was a very small juvie and another was a big blue diamond not sure how i lost them because all the others seemed fine... and about that plant in the far corner its water sprite....
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 08:07 AM
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to bavarian3
looks good so far! i think if you used glosso to fill in the empty ground around the anubias (that you plan to keep) it would look great, just a suggestion!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian3
looks good so far! i think if you used glosso to fill in the empty ground around the anubias (that you plan to keep) it would look great, just a suggestion!

I have jus ordered some glosso bavarian3! ill post some pics of it when it comes...
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:25 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
Great tank! It looks like you got some of the algae to go away. That sword is amazing, I cannot wait until mine will look like that, did you buy the plant like that or did you grow it up to be that size?

The discus look like juvies or stunted ones, they look very small compared to them being in a 55g.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to bavarian3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj86
I have jus ordered some glosso bavarian3! ill post some pics of it when it comes...
nice! be sure to post updates when everything comes together.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Thanx Jdinh04! The discus dont seem to be very stunted they arnt showing any signs so they must still be juvies because i am unsure of their age

The amazon sword i got when it was very small ill have a look to see if i can find a pic of it when i first got it...
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Well ive made a few changes to the tank... I pulled out the water sprite because it jus wasnt growing well for me but i left the front plant because it had a different leaf on it so im going to see how that pans out, I also added some slate and some hygro behind the sprite and more wisteria behind the sword... The sword has been sheared lol due to alot of algae on its leaves so hopfully it will grow back soon better than it was before... I still havnt received my glosso yet but i did order some tiger lotus along with it to add! But yea this is what the tank is looking like as of now ill post a update of its progress when i can in a week or 2! Hope you like!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode