My Discus Tank - re-scaped.... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
My Discus Tank - re-scaped....

For those of you who have not been following the thread on ' DISCUS - 6 Cardinal Rules for newbies to follow' -.... I thought I would post this little album of pics of my newly re-scaped planted discus tank here also, for you to have a peek at:
I got a stump of Manza wood & added a lot of Anubias, and felt it looked reasonably good.....
http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/...aul/lolliblues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 02:53 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I like the look man and your fish are stunning, as always. Have you thought of putting more manzy in? I think it would look even better

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kribkeeper888 View Post
I like the look man and your fish are stunning, as always. Have you thought of putting more manzy in? I think it would look even better
I think you're right, Krib - I've been considering that. I just don't want to over-clutter it - but keep it relatively 'minimalist'.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 05:02 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
your discus look so peaceful. i'm hoping to get my hands on some soon.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 05:59 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)
I want your discuss ..............hahaha, they look nice. Questions for you, I know a lot of people do water change a LOTTTT for discus. But I was wondering, if I have heavy planted tank, and should I still do a lot of water changes. Even though my water parameter perfectly fine?

**** Green ****

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Beautiful tank and gorgeous fish.

Canon Pimp Club #041
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_valley View Post
I want your discuss ..............hahaha, they look nice. Questions for you, I know a lot of people do water change a LOTTTT for discus. But I was wondering, if I have heavy planted tank, and should I still do a lot of water changes. Even though my water parameter perfectly fine?
Thank you all for the kind words.

Just FYI, green_valley, I do about 60% wcs 3 X week.

Even though the water params in a planted tank may be fine from an 'aquatic chemistry' point of view, the heavier planted a tank is, the more difficult it is to keep very clean of detritus, uneaten food, decomposing plant matter, fish waste, etc. - all of which over time can tend to produce undesirable conditions for the discus, which are demanding of a sqeaky clean environment, and fresh water.
Large, frequent WCS tend to negate those potentially stressing conditions.

I plant quite lightly, and ensure there is sufficient space in and around the plantings to readily, and effectively, get around with a substrate vacuum.
I spend quite a bit of time with each wc making sure the tank conditions are as clean as I can get them.
Hope this helps explain your query.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Algae Grower

beautiful tank, beautiful discus
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 01:42 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
I think you're right, Krib - I've been considering that. I just don't want to over-clutter it - but keep it relatively 'minimalist'.
Well, i dont think a peice or even three could go wrong, I dont think it would cluttered even then.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode