Before or after? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Before or after?

Whitch one's better? One is before and the other is after. I wan't to know if I screwed up or not.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (92/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Baliban
I like after.....I might move the two plants in the center to the corners, or chop them to a shorter height. I would put the red on the left side amongst the green, and the other to the far back right corner.
jB
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Algae Grower

I agree with Jason the second picture is better. Your plants look very health. I thinkthe right side needs some help though. IMHO I would thin out the middle with maybe some short/foregroud plants and biuld up the right side. I am new at this so take my opinions with a grain of salt. What are your aquarium stats? - light, co2, size, ect...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
Me agrees too Just what the others said. The first one is plagued by too similar leaf shapes. The second one looks better but I would get rid of the Hygro (if that's what it is) right of the center and perhaps build up the Crypts towards the back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 05:13 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I like after because the center open area is more defined.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 02:29 PM

I like after except for the plant right in the center, it draws my attention too much.. hth

Philip
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

I've done small changes now. Any better? What next. I still need something to right side, to the middle of hydro and rotala? Something darker? What plant could be suitable?

As you can see I moved crypts in the middle to left side. And I moved Micranthemum micranthemoides nearer center so it can get light better. I cut some Alternanthera reinickii and put it to right side. Hopefully it will grow in future. It's so new that I'm not shure yet if it likes to be in my tank or not. There also small hottonia in front. It will not stay, I just let it grow there for a while.

So thanks for the tips. I think it looks better already. Any more tips?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 08:54 PM
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (9/100%)
I'd give the mass on the left side another look. To me it looks a bit on the large size in the aquascape and I'd considering removing it all together.

As for the rest of the tank, I'd let it fill in a bit more and at the same time introduce a foreground plant. Glosso, HC, or Elantine would look really nice as foregrounds.

Eric

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 11:45 PM

Smile

Hi Thapsus,

It looks like it's missing something in the middle. In my opinion, one or two short plants infront of the driftwood (middle) wouldn't hurt.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Are these real?

PTrader: (194/100%)
I really like the sandy beach look in front. The shrimpsies seem to dig it too. There are so many glosso covered tanks... almost nice to see one that isn't all carpeted

I would rip out the sunset hygro on the right and maybe move the spikey plant a little back, and then put another larger crypt in between them.

I would not put various red spots into the tank, it might be overwhelming.

On the other hand... it looks pretty good as it is now!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode