Aphyosemion australe - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Aphyosemion australe

Here are 2 pics of the 1 male Aphyosemion australe which I finally picked up for another fish enthusiast last weekend.
I got 2 pairs.
I'm hopeing to breed them again. It has been around 20 years since I've had and bred them.

Check out my website pictures and info on my fish and tanks, carnivorous plants, bonsai, nature and wildlife photos, woodworking, and other pets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 02:32 AM

very beautiful and healthy looking fish hope you get to breed them
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 04:05 AM
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (9/100%)
Beautiful males you have there. Almost picked a couple pairs of these up a couple of months ago myself. Good luck with them.

Eric

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 03:16 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks for the comments.

Check out my website pictures and info on my fish and tanks, carnivorous plants, bonsai, nature and wildlife photos, woodworking, and other pets.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 03:28 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)
They look great, very intense red colors.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2005, 04:02 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Oqsy Send a message via MSN to Oqsy Send a message via Yahoo to Oqsy
i'm new to killies.. are those annuals? what size tank are you keeping them in? right now I just have an overgrown golden wonder, although I've been debating ordering some eggs or a pair or two of an aphyosemion or notho species from aquabid. my wife is very fond of pictures of killies, and said I should start putting them in all my tanks well, that's hands down the most interested and enthusiastic she's ever been about the fish/plant hobby... any recommendations on species for a beginner? better to start from eggs or find some good sub-adults?

Oqsy

Eheim Pimp #171

; Eheim 2217, TurboTwist UVS, Seachem Onyx / Black T-grade ColorQuartz, 2x55w AHS CF, BeverageFactory.com CO2 Regulator with Clippard accessories

"If you ask me, you've got too much imagination. Everything's all loop-de-loops and flibbertigibbets." - Hank Hill
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Most Killies live 2 to 3 years. Many fish keepers house there Killies in 10 gallon tanks.
I would think it would be easier to start with sub-adults.
2 very nice and not so hard to get a hold of Killies recommended for beginners would be the Aphyosemion australe and Fundulopanchax gardneri.
I'm going to get rid of the few fish I have in my 40 gallon tank and just keep my Aphyosemion australe in there.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 02:42 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Oqsy Send a message via MSN to Oqsy Send a message via Yahoo to Oqsy
well, i have 3 spare 10 gallons in a closet upstairs

time to redecorate the house with aquatic fauna!

Oqsy

Eheim Pimp #171

; Eheim 2217, TurboTwist UVS, Seachem Onyx / Black T-grade ColorQuartz, 2x55w AHS CF, BeverageFactory.com CO2 Regulator with Clippard accessories

"If you ask me, you've got too much imagination. Everything's all loop-de-loops and flibbertigibbets." - Hank Hill

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode