Lilly's mountainscape-rescape and dry start update - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
Lilly's mountainscape-rescape and dry start update

Well I just could help myself. The main reason I decided to get back into the aquarium hobby after close to,15 years away from it, is my daughter Lilly. She's a yar old now and when watches fish in aquariums her face lights up. Follow by lots of excited pointing and oohs and aahs. But, the two tanks I have running are in my bedroom. Consequently she doesn't get to see them very much.
So, I "had" to start yet another tank for her playroom so she can watch as much as she'd like. I got a used 40 gallon breeder style tank w/stand for $25 about 80lbs of rock from some guys pond for $15 and 40lbs of Activflora planted tank substrate for $50 andI'm gettin started.
The price of substrate makes me want to puke and this stuff isn't the most expensive. So I decided to use the Activflora as a cap on top of top soil/filter sand. The used tank has some scratches and I need to clean the calcium of the glass still. But here's the initial hardscape and dirt. I'm going to ad the activflora and plants in a few days when my light arrives. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by ophiophagus; 05-20-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Nice looking scape and a very good sounding plan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Pimp Club #041
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Ok so I did a major layout change and added some driftwood. Threw in the activflora and so ET, S.sp.porta vello, and S.sp. purple. Decided to drystart so the Et can get established. Let me know what you think

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 12:01 AM
Wannabe Guru

Looks good. Im interested to see how this progresses. keep the updates coming
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Thanks I am interested myself. I have some S.repens on the way that will go in the middle. And I haven't decided what will go in the back left corner.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode