CryptKeeper54's Eheim Aquastyle 6 (now a shrimp tank - skip to pg.4) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
CryptKeeper54's Eheim Aquastyle 6 (now a shrimp tank - skip to pg.4)

Trying to get back in the scene. Was really heavy into planted tanks in 2004. My one year old daughter has shown an interest in fish and aquariums so I thought it would be a great excuse to spend money on rejuvinating my interest in the hobby. Anyways, here is my tank. Gonna try the DSM with HC, Styrogyne, and a downoi. FYI: New to the forum so if my posts don't look right, that's because I'm an noob. Still trying to learn how to post pictures that are visible in the thread instead of using attached images.

Eheim Aquastyle 6: Eco-complete, malaysian driftwood, rocks (forgot the name). Current photoperiod: 10 hours.

Name of my tank artwork: "I've got wood."

Comments and suggestions welcomed.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-04-11 17.08.59.jpg (97.5 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-04-10 20.10.32.jpg (100.0 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-04-11 16.57.30.jpg (99.3 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-04-13 17.43.11.jpg (96.5 KB, 228 views)

Last edited by CryptKeeper54; 02-28-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: title edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
That is a very good start.
Get a free account at photobucket then you will be able to post pictures in the body.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Canon Pimp Club #041
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks 2in10.

Tank DOB: 4/13/12

Running into white mold issues. Trying hydroperoxide treatment. Can my HC survive?

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via MSN to jcgd
Where is the mold? I would probably leave it for now if it isn't bad instead of putting the peroxide in there. Any runoff goes into the soil. Try to air out the tank a bit.

post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Hard to see in pic... but its there. Growing on my drifwood too. I keep hearing and reading conflicting DSM styles and results.

Side note... I ordered another eheim aquastyle 6 from Amazon cause this is a great, quality kit. Very happy with it and the LED is cool looking. Also, just finished my future cichlid tank. Off topic but wanted to post this pic:-)

post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Update: 4/25

Hoping HC will bounce back. Planted crypt lutea and some e.belem. (big thanks to TPT member bsk for the belem). Will post updated pic soon.

New tank arrived: born date 4/25
Planted: Glosso, e.belem and will plant b.japonica in right back corner.

I think I may just buy one more tank to add this other Ohko stone and make a nice trio of tanks.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

Owner/Creator of Plantednanotanks.com

post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-26-2012, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Its official, I've been bitten by the planted tank bug. I don't want another aquastyle tank, I NEED another aquastyle tank.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Got my third tank today. Decided to use all sand for substrate (had some left from my cichlid tank). Thinking of making this a carpeted riccia or java moss tank. Another idea is I may just put in anubias nana and call it a day. I really want to highlight the ohko stone somehow cause I think they look cool. Decisions, decisions.. what to do?

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Scaped third tank with anubias and moss. Would love to use nana petite only for this tank and cover the whole ground, but I didn't realize the cost so much....

Update and rescape: remove auberti and added HM. I think it will be better scale wise.

All three, makes me happy:

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thinking of rescaping and making this a riccia tank. Maintanence will be difficult but woth it IMO. The anubias idea just doesn't look right to me, throws the scale off. Gonna throw these anubias in my cichlid tank. Going to research and most likely buy my CO2 setup from GLA.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Sweet looking tanks

Canon Pimp Club #041
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Update:

HC is bouncing back strong. Appears healthy.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Decided to stick with anubia themed tank. Scale is off but gives me a chance to learn about anubias growth pattern. I just love the look of this ohko stone... wish I complimented it better.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Glosso not growing but HM is.... I wonder why. Maybe its waiting for my CO2 system and fertz.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Just had an epiphany. Old pic but I have named my art, from left to right: 1) Ohko Pretty 1, 2) I've Got Wood, 3) Ohko Pretty 2.

CURRENT:
, 75 gal Cichlid Tank
CLUBS:
,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode