new crab tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
new crab tank

I have a thread in the riparium part, but seeing as I'm starting a new set up for my crabs I figured that I'd post here to get some other info. The tank that I've acquired is about 48 inches long, 12 wide and 20 tall. I'm thinking of doing a false bottom on part of it to hold some plants, and give the crabs a spot to get out of the water. I have lots of questions.
1. Any suggestions?
2. How you I seal the expanding foam that I see lots of others using?
3. How do I anchor any coco husk to the walls, and does it need to be sealed?
4. How does one prevent the husk from growing slime algae in high humidity? How you clean it?
5. I'm thinking of doing a stream/waterfall for the water return. How do I make one, and anchor it to the wall?
6..What type of plants should I look for?

I'll post pictures as I go. My first steps are going to be building a stand, and painting the back black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Its taking me awhile to get things done, but its starting to come together. I have built the frame for the false bottom, and it has the first layer of fiberglass on, when it hardens I'll add a second layer, and embed the rocks into it. I have also started what is going to be a "tree" to conceal the filter intake.. I've used expanding foam to get a general shape, and have now turned it over to the art students to complete. Should be close to done by the end of the week. Also picked up the supplies for making the water fall for returning the water from the filter. Hope to post some pictures soon on the progress of the build.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode